Nugget's necropsy results

No, she didn't have problems with paralysis, Cyn. She was falling over and seemed tired and depressed, but not paralysed in any way. And she would have been a year in late March/early April, so she was well over the 25 week mark.
Well, it's almost 9pm now so the vet won't call tonight, but he will call tomorrow. He's very good about calling back.
I'm trying so hard not to get sick with worry. I would be so upset if I lost more.
hit.gif

So Cyn, your understanding is that LL would look the same as MD to the person doing the necropsy?

Quote:
I hope so, Silkie.
Now... this is where I'm stumped. I've been reading about both of the diseases, and they both make mention to cleaning living areas, etc. I do keep them clean... their coop shavings are changed once a week and I rake their runs and clean around the runs about once a month. Is that not enough??

Maybe it is too much? Since they do have to develop immunities to things and build resistance to stuff in their environment.

If all the others are fine though... I personally wouldn't worry too much and take a deep breath. I don't remember if you said there were other problems with the flock or not though, but you may be safe.

Oh Carrie!!
hit.gif
I am SO sorry. My heart just aches for you. Heres praying that this was just a fluke and that you will have no more problems with this.

So sorry to hear about all your losses. I looked at your past posts, since you mentioned losing others this year. Do you suppose they all had the same thing and each was misdiagnosed? And maybe it did all start with the 3 cochins you bought from the breeder? I would definitely have the rest of your flock checked and vaccinated and do a complete cleaning of the coop with bleach or other sanitizer.

So Cyn, your understanding is that LL would look the same as MD to the person doing the necropsy

I'm not sure, Carrie, but they may only be going on her age to determine whether it's one or the other and since LL is usually in birds over a year old and she wasnt, then they may have just crossed LL off the list, even if it was that. Do you see what I'm saying?​

Yes, I do... And I'm going to hope and pray that's what it is. I'll have to bleach their houses today when I get off work (my first day at my new job!!) but it's been raining and will continue to rain for the next 7 days... So I'll have to see how that goes as far as cleaning their runs.
I'm expecting a call from the vet today, and I'm sure he will know if there has been an outbreak as of late.

The problem with the LL is that it can be passed to the progeny through the egg, unlike Mareks, and if your other hens get that, well, that isn't great. I just don't know what to say, it's awful for you. Sure wish your vet would let you know something soon.

Back
Top Bottom