Nurses, doctors, question about scar

I am not a doctor, but I have a lot of experience with this. I have a large scar on my shoulder (don't ask how it got there, bad memories) a flap of skin was sliced off almost completely, it was sewn up and at first was a keliod but over 5 years it has turned normal color and is flat now. I also had my gallbladder out about the same time and the scars aren't that noticable now. I was 16 at the time so I don't know how much of it was being young still producing new skin quickly. But when they were new, I tried EVERYTHING. Nothing works. Don't waste your money. I think the best thing you can do is to eat well and excersize to keep renewing the skin and kept it tight.

olive oil helps too. and scars can continue to fade for over a year, so theres a good chance it'll get lighter over the next few months.

I know this because I got severe burns on both my legs last winter, and the doctor I saw said that scars fade over very long periods of time.

Quote:
I second the Mederma!!! I have been using it on the scar from my masectomy and it has done wonders!!!. I have a very thin, smooth and flat scar. You are suppose to use it several times a day but I'm lucky if I remember to do it once a day. It's a little bit cheaper at Wally World

Back
Top Bottom