Nurture Right 360 Lockdown Question

Newchickadee30

Songster
Mar 20, 2020
OK, I have a very silly question...
I have a Nurture Right 360 incubator and I placed my chicken eggs in there the afternoon of March 26th.
So I know lockdown is day 18 and hatch day is 21, but the instructions say to go into lockdown 3 days prior to the hatch day. So should my incubator says it's on "day 4" when I press the menu/ok button? I should be going on lockdown today, right?
I don't know why I have this so confused on my mind, but I was thinking that tomorrow I would go into lockdown, as I would count day 19, 20, and 21(hatch day) as 3 days, but after just reading the instructions again today it says "3 days prior to hatch day" 🙃🤪
Thank you

OK, I have a very silly question...
I have a Nurture Right 360 incubator and I placed my chicken eggs in there the afternoon of March 26th.
So I know lockdown is day 18 and hatch day is 21, but the instructions say to go into lockdown 3 days prior to the hatch day. So should my incubator says it's on "day 4" when I press the menu/ok button? I should be going on lockdown today, right?
I don't know why I have this so confused on my mind, but I was thinking that tomorrow I would go into lockdown, as I would count day 19, 20, and 21(hatch day) as 3 days, but after just reading the instructions again today it says "3 days prior to hatch day" 🙃🤪
Thank you
I would put them on lockdown right now.

I'm a newbie (and just practicing posting because I see this is an old thread). My understanding of lockdown is that is 72 hours before hatch. The incubator countdown should be moving from day 3 to day 2 (the Brinsea models also show "2" the day as the day for lockdown). If you remember the day of the week the eggs were set and subtract three days, then that's the day for lockdown, right? So since I set eggs on a Tuesday evening I'm planning a Saturday evening lockdown. Please let me know if my math is funky (ideally before Saturday, lol).

Back
Top Bottom