Nurture Right 360 question

PineHavenMama

Chirping
Apr 23, 2020
I have just ordered my first eggs to be shipped. I shared yesterday that I’ve hatched my own before using a still air LG 9200. I thought of purchasing the additional egg turner, fan, and a digital thermostat to upgrade that one. However, it will end up costing as much if not more than just buying new one. Because these eggs are being shipped from coast to coast, I’ve been thinking of getting a better incubator to increase chances of a better hatch rate. In looking at the Nurture Right 360, it seems to have everything I’d need. I have seen a few mixed reviews, but the majority seem happy with their performance. I did look at some Brisneas too, but I could get two 360s for less than one Brinsea. I’ve found the last two at a TSC for $140 each. Just have to drive to pick them up. The reason I am planning for two is that I ordered 20 eggs from Papas and I understand he usually sends a few extras if he can. Anyone with recent experience and reasons you aren’t pleased with this brand of incubator? I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences. Thanks so much.

I’ve hatched some ducklings in my Nurture right 360. It was very easy to use even for my first hatch. :D All my experiences so far have been good with it. The only thing I had to watch was humidity but it has tended to stay stable throughout the incubation processes as long as I keep the one reservoir filled. I would definitely recommend it!

I’ve hatched some ducklings in my Nurture right 360. It was very easy to use even for my first hatch. :D All my experiences so far have been good with it. The only thing I had to watch was humidity but it has tended to stay stable throughout the incubation processes as long as I keep the one reservoir filled. I would definitely recommend it!
Thank you. All things chicken are hard to find these days. We had planned this long before the Covid Crisis. We drove over a hour one-way to a TSC who said they had two units. Unfortunately, one unit was the older model with the square fan cover. I believe I’ve read there were some humidity issues with that one two, but I’ve read so much that it’s difficult to keep it all straight. My husband said he could fix that fan cover to make it safe, but I’m not sure what other improvements have been made in the newer incubators. We went ahead and got them both, but I’m hoping I can find the newer model somewhere else. My eggs won’t ship for about a week so I could always return this older one. Do you have any knowledge of improvements made with these?

I just hatched 17/20 in mine from my own flock. 2 actually made it to zip and then passed so it really was 19 fully formed chicks. Super happy, super easy and I'm 5 days into my 2nd batch!
That’s very encouraging to hear. I’m wondering which model you have? Do you have the older or newer fan cover?

I LOVE my NR360!! I have the fan cover. If you have the older model, contact the company and they will send you the cover for free!!!! I have never had any problems over the years. I have hatched several broods of chicks with great success!
In fact, I have serama and frizzled cochins scheduled to hatch on Monday!!!! :jumpy :jumpy
Good luck!!!

I am on my second NR360. The first one the auto turn stopped working, had a warranty so swapped it out no prob. It works well for me. The temp and humidity are a little off so recommend a separate calibrated thermometer and hydrometer
Is there a specific thermometer/hygrometer you’d recommend? This is all making my head spin a bit. I am so glad to have found this site, but I learning there’s much more to consider than I ever knew before. 😁

I LOVE my NR360!! I have the fan cover. If you have the older model, contact the company and they will send you the cover for free!!!! I have never had any problems over the years. I have hatched several broods of chicks with great success!
In fact, I have serama and frizzled cochins scheduled to hatch on Monday!!!! :jumpy :jumpy
Good luck!!!
So did you buy the newer one or get a new fan cover? I bought one older and one newer model today because that’s all I could find. If the fan cover is the only issue with the older models that’s good to know I can get a cover from the company. I was thinking there were humidity issues too.

So did you buy the newer one or get a new fan cover? I bought one older and one newer model today because that’s all I could find. If the fan cover is the only issue with the older models that’s good to know I can get a cover from the company. I was thinking there were humidity issues too.
Which one is the older one? I have the one that has the smaller unit on top and the one I am still waiting for it to get here has the larger unit on top that goes from edge to edge with what looks like handles. I love the one I have I got 16/22 on my 1st hatch with it and on my 2nd hatch with it.
I am in lockdown so I can't look at

Back
Top Bottom