Nurture right 360 questions

I just purchased the nurture right 360 to try to hatch some eggs. I plan on setting the eggs on the 23rd. I was looking through the instructions and it says to keep the incubator in a room that is 74-80* and be sure it doesn't drop below 74 even at night.... does everyone that has this incubator do this? My house is normally set at 65* this time of year. I think my family will die of heat if I set it to 74 and my husband may kill me for the amt of oil that we use in the 3 weeks keeping it at that temp the whole time.

I know it has the candling light in there but it says the top has to be off while you are candling (I haven't fully looked at the incubator yet just the instructions as I just got it today). Do you use that to candle the eggs or do you just take one out and put the lid back on and use another light to candle them?

Also when do people think it is best to start eggs? at night? in the morning? in the afternoon? what are the pro's and cons for each one?

think those are all my questions for now but sure I will have more before I put the eggs in (and after) on the 23rd. I am going to run it sometime this week just to see how it does and how the temp holds.
This is my 2nd year. I'll tell you what I've learned. #1) Always write the date (in pencil) on every egg. #2)Check the temperature in any & all incubators whenever you can. (I do it daily, some times more-if I'm not sure about a possible problem). As far as room temp. ours is set on 70 & turned off during the day.(I was not aware room temp was important), I've never seen activity or veins or blood (a couple of eggs have moved while I was watching) & I wait. I've done it all my life (waiting) & I haven't stopped w/this fun & interesting project - I think that's the hardest part. #3) Let your dogs smell the eggs & see the babies. I have a German Shepard & a Brittany. If you don't & they are curious, they will find a way to see what's going on, at least you have control & they leave everything alone. #4) If you have to go out of town & you don't have a choice have another person (who feels as strongly as you do about the welfare of the eggs) take care of them while you're gone. #5) Never be afraid to ask these wonderful people a question when you are not sure. That's how I came about to be on here. If I can ever help, let me know. That's it for now. I'm not an expert. Like I said, this is from experience only, but it's a good hobby/job to have. I love & feel rewarded when they poke their little heads thru the shell.

I just purchased the nurture right 360 to try to hatch some eggs. I plan on setting the eggs on the 23rd. I was looking through the instructions and it says to keep the incubator in a room that is 74-80* and be sure it doesn't drop below 74 even at night.... does everyone that has this incubator do this? My house is normally set at 65* this time of year. I think my family will die of heat if I set it to 74 and my husband may kill me for the amt of oil that we use in the 3 weeks keeping it at that temp the whole time.

I know it has the candling light in there but it says the top has to be off while you are candling (I haven't fully looked at the incubator yet just the instructions as I just got it today). Do you use that to candle the eggs or do you just take one out and put the lid back on and use another light to candle them?

Also when do people think it is best to start eggs? at night? in the morning? in the afternoon? what are the pro's and cons for each one?

think those are all my questions for now but sure I will have more before I put the eggs in (and after) on the 23rd. I am going to run it sometime this week just to see how it does and how the temp holds.
My house is always cold. I’ve been running the 360 for 19 days now and have not had a problem with heat or humidity. Except now when I went into lockdown. I can’t get it below 80%. (There is a storm coming and it’s very humid). I’m debating taking the water out before it’s too late.
Or should I just leave it?

Maybe you improve the humidity by not refilling the A reservoir? Use a paper towel to absorb most of the water in that chamber without opening the cover. Once the eggs start hatching, your humidity probably hit 80% anyway, so it may not matter anyway. I'll wait for someone more experienced to offer definitive advice, though.

Back
Top Bottom