Nutrena Country Feeds All Flock 18%

@GC-Raptor are you using Purina or Nutrena?
I just opened a bag of Purina Flock Raiser.
Just emptied a bag of Nutrena Naturewise Non-Medicated Starter-Grower.
I get my feed at TSC because I can pick the freshest of 3 feeds that I like. All are crumbles and my Hens and Pullets like all three.
Non-Medicated Nutrena Naturewise Starter Grower, Purina Non-Medicated Start and Grow, and Flock Raiser. GC

The age of the bag in store probably has more to do with the store and its supply and demand than the manufacturer.
If you like a feed but dislike crumbles, why not make wet mash or ferment?Less waste and, when fermented, more benifit.

@NNYchick
I have only bought GM Layer pellets & soy free layer pellets. The soy free is $24.95 for 50 lbs. & I believe the regular was about the same. The soy free is 16% & the regular is 17% I think. I am anxious to see what the 21% turkey grower goes for when I stop in this week. It is pricey, but Nature's Best Organic at TSC is $24.99 for 40 lbs. & it is a PA company!
I know what you are saying about feeding turkey feed to chickens, but I believe most said it would not hurt & the main problem was a feed company cannot recommend that for chickens & it would mess up organic certification, which I am not worried about. I am also mixing it with layer feed. I know many people who use game bird feed for chickens & have for years. All Flock must also mean feeding not ideal amounts of some things to the chickens, ducks, turkeys & guineas, at least you would think, as they all require slightly different things.

I’m having the same issue with poulin feed. The feed store has it stored in storage barn, so you pay inside and you drive around to get it off a dock. When I got mine it wasn’t quite as old as yours but older than I normally buy and the bag was ripped and duct taped, had condensation on it. I made them get me another bag but they said they all had condensation on them from the warm spell we were having. I got the gamebird pellets I like them but then I saw the thread that turkey/gamebird grower is not formulated for chickens and could have too much of certain vitamins and synthetic amino acids that they don’t need. I do like the poulin poultry growers crumblette but 15% protein isn’t enough and I don’t like anything in a crumble (too much powder)neither do my chickens. I have been using the nutrena nature smart all flock and like it but it’s more expensive and out of my way to get it. I did try the country foods but I liked the nature smart better. I do like nutrena better than Purena.
Sounds like you and I are having the same problem with our feed stores. If I beat the guy to the barn I grab my own bag, obviously the freshest date I can find. Same issue with the condensation on the bag. I really want to deal with the local small mom and pop shop but I won't if I am not going to get the quality. The country food smelled so good I never experienced that before. All 3 are all basically the same price, Nutrena Country, Nutrena Naturewise,and Purina Flock Raiser. Can you explain why you prefer one over the other seeing how you used them all before? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom