Nutrena Country Feeds All Flock 18%

RoosterML

🥇Ukraine 🥇
5 Years
Nov 5, 2018
Tolland County Connecticut, USA
So today I may have made the switch yet again to another feed.:barnie:barnie
I was really hoping that Poulin Grain feed would work out for me. So here's the problem I went this week to pick up some Rabbit food (Poulin) and the mill date shows it's 3 months old. I look over at what I have been using the Grower Pellet 15%(Poulin) that was also 3 months old and the Broiler Crumbles 20% I was mixing it with was nearly 4 months old. First off I would prefer not to have to mix the two to get the protien up to about 17.5%. I also do not like the crumbles. So I have heard all of you talk about Purina Flock Raiser and Nutrena All Flock. So after visiting TSC which was more than willing to bring in the Purina All Flock 20% Pellet for me I called over to my local Agway to see what they had. I did not know that Nutrena had two different types of all flock. One is Nature Wise and the other Country Foods 18% line. Both Pellet feeds. So I go down and grab a bag of what they have which is the Country Foods 18% Pellet. I decided to open it up and give it the flock test. All birds were jumping in to grab a bite. Also stuck my head in the bag and it smelled nice and sweet. Looked at the mill date and it's only 2 weeks old.:thumbsup
Now I am not sure of the quality but the lady behind to counter informed me that it was a quality product. So maybe it's not up to par with Poulin?? I don't know really. BUT I think I would prefer to sacrifice alittle guality if in fact I even am to have such a fresh product. Also the pellet is a sure winner for me and also with the protien being at 18% I think I may have to give this stuff a go. It does also cost me $3 more a bag so it's not a matter of saving money. A couple questions for you BYC pro's. Anyone have experience with this? Am I making a mistake by using it? Any input from y'all would be great. Here's a couple pictures for you.
KIMG0324.jpg
Notice the manufacturer date also the calcium is a touch higher compared to other " all flocks"
KIMG0325.jpg
KIMG0329.jpg
Nice size pellets sorry I didn't give you guys anything to compare it to. Some were well over a 1/2" long.
KIMG0330.jpg
@Texas Kiki is this a new one for you?

My flock: (5) 18 m.o. hens, (5) 10 m.o. pullets and (1) 10 m.o. cockerel are fed Nutrena All Flock. Pellets when available, crumbles as a second choice. Oyster shell on the side of course.
I've been pleased with the freshness my feed store offers. Very good mill dates.
Poulin Feed is not available to me, so no comparison, sorry.

These birds free range at will but this time of year, that does not make a significant difference in their feed consumption. They are healthy, the eggs are great. It's worth the few extra dollars, compared to the other feeds available to me (older mill dates, different nutritional values. Kiki's chart is most helpful!

Anyone have experience with this? Am I making a mistake by using it? Any input from y'all would be great.
That's Nutrenas bargain feed. I've only used their Medicated Starter Grower with my first Flock back in 2016. I lost no chicks while feeding it. 20181229_181305.jpg .
It's a good feeling for me when I get feed so fresh that when you open, you just have to sniff. I feel good feeding my girls fresh feed. GC

Which Nutrena All flock? Country Feeds or Nature Wise?

It depends on which has the freshest mill date, or is even on the shelf <G>.

I prefer the NatureWise All Flock but CountryFeeds is just fine if that's what is available. I only buy 40 pounds a month and have an hour drive with one farm store provider, so I am more or less a captive purchaser <G>. I don't always get to choose pellets over crumbles either, sigh.

My ducks love nutrena all flock. The kind my area stores carry is 20% protein.
When I first started buying it it was 18% I don't know why the change. I've never seen that blue bag anywhere but I would prefer the lower protein actually.
I have to say though
I recently skimped and bought a different feed called country lane. It almost 5 dollars less. Only 16% protein but I figured I give them enough meal worms treats and they also eat bugs and stuff outside I thought I'd give it a try.
What a mess! Crumbles everywhere. They don't seem to mind eating it but I swear they eat twice as much and act like they are starving. So. . I will be sticking with the nutrena from now on. :)

I love this feed. I feed it to all my birds, both chickens (standard and bantam) and ducks. My chicks get crumbles but if they carried a decent priced higher protein non medicated feed I’d feed them that too. As is this flock feed costs me $12.50 a bag and I usually buy 150lbs at a time. Every 2-3 weeks I go to a Rural king to get more.
Hold on here. Did you just say $12.50 for the same stuff I am using?
It was $16.99. :duc
I guess for $16.99 I'll just go with the Nature Wise line.

I’m having the same issue with poulin feed. The feed store has it stored in storage barn, so you pay inside and you drive around to get it off a dock. When I got mine it wasn’t quite as old as yours but older than I normally buy and the bag was ripped and duct taped, had condensation on it. I made them get me another bag but they said they all had condensation on them from the warm spell we were having. I got the gamebird pellets I like them but then I saw the thread that turkey/gamebird grower is not formulated for chickens and could have too much of certain vitamins and synthetic amino acids that they don’t need. I do like the poulin poultry growers crumblette but 15% protein isn’t enough and I don’t like anything in a crumble (too much powder)neither do my chickens. I have been using the nutrena nature smart all flock and like it but it’s more expensive and out of my way to get it. I did try the country foods but I liked the nature smart better. I do like nutrena better than Purena. The picture is nutrena all flock pellets compare to poulin gamebird pellets I like this size.

Attachments

• 107FCBD3-3833-4F10-83DB-80B687101E13.jpeg
    107FCBD3-3833-4F10-83DB-80B687101E13.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 39

Back
Top Bottom