Nutrena Country Feeds All Flock 18%

@GC-Raptor are you using Purina or Nutrena?
I just opened a bag of Purina Flock Raiser.
Just emptied a bag of Nutrena Naturewise Non-Medicated Starter-Grower.
I get my feed at TSC because I can pick the freshest of 3 feeds that I like. All are crumbles and my Hens and Pullets like all three.
Non-Medicated Nutrena Naturewise Starter Grower, Purina Non-Medicated Start and Grow, and Flock Raiser. GC

Which Nutrena All flock? Country Feeds or Nature Wise?

It depends on which has the freshest mill date, or is even on the shelf <G>.

I prefer the NatureWise All Flock but CountryFeeds is just fine if that's what is available. I only buy 40 pounds a month and have an hour drive with one farm store provider, so I am more or less a captive purchaser <G>. I don't always get to choose pellets over crumbles either, sigh.

My ducks love nutrena all flock. The kind my area stores carry is 20% protein.
When I first started buying it it was 18% I don't know why the change. I've never seen that blue bag anywhere but I would prefer the lower protein actually.
I have to say though
I recently skimped and bought a different feed called country lane. It almost 5 dollars less. Only 16% protein but I figured I give them enough meal worms treats and they also eat bugs and stuff outside I thought I'd give it a try.
What a mess! Crumbles everywhere. They don't seem to mind eating it but I swear they eat twice as much and act like they are starving. So. . I will be sticking with the nutrena from now on. :)

The age of the bag in store probably has more to do with the store and its supply and demand than the manufacturer.
If you like a feed but dislike crumbles, why not make wet mash or ferment?Less waste and, when fermented, more benifit.

I've never seen that blue bag anywhere but I would prefer the lower protein actually.
:)
When I originally called Agway which is the place I purchased the Nutrena Country Line "blue bag" I was expecting the Nutrena Nature Wise which is what I think you are using but it wasn't the same stuff. I also liked the under 20% protien so I figured I would give it a go. I also dislike the crumbles.

I love this feed. I feed it to all my birds, both chickens (standard and bantam) and ducks. My chicks get crumbles but if they carried a decent priced higher protein non medicated feed I’d feed them that too. As is this flock feed costs me $12.50 a bag and I usually buy 150lbs at a time. Every 2-3 weeks I go to a Rural king to get more.

Sounds like you and I are having the same problem with our feed stores. If I beat the guy to the barn I grab my own bag, obviously the freshest date I can find. Same issue with the condensation on the bag. I really want to deal with the local small mom and pop shop but I won't if I am not going to get the quality. The country food smelled so good I never experienced that before. All 3 are all basically the same price, Nutrena Country, Nutrena Naturewise,and Purina Flock Raiser. Can you explain why you prefer one over the other seeing how you used them all before? Thanks
Yes we are. I keep trying to give this feed store a chance but every time I buy something there’s an issue or they don’t have what I want. I just can’t find a poulin grain feed that fits all my needs. The concerns I’ve had with the different feed is:
Country food- the pellets were larger and It seemed like a lot of fiber more than any other brand.
Purena smells weird to me, a lot of fines for a pellet and then reading post about the issue people had with losing their flocks from the feed I’m just decided to stay away.
Nature smart I really like except the price, my all time favorite is feather fixer I love the way my birds look when I used it and even though it says it can be fed year round to all birds over 16 weeks including roosters it has as much calcium as layer.
I also used Southern States flock balancer but this summer we lost the local distributor and I’ve been on the hunt for a new food every since.
I have Silkies and now Seramas so I have to watch the size of the pellet to add to the issues lol.

The higher protein makes the ducks poo stink worse. :sick
But I don't think they eat as much of the higher protein stuff so guess that's good.

Back
Top Bottom