Nutrena Feather Fixer

I've been using it for about a month now with very good results. I had one poor chicken the others would pick on all the time so bad that she became bald. :( I noticed her the other day and almost didn't regocnize her, she has most of her feathers back. :)

I have been using this for three months now. I alternate with the laying pellets. It has really shown on the feathering of my flock. One rhode Island hen was bare in her back and she is growing feathers and not losing them. I like the product. I think it takes at least two months of using it. As I said before I use it every other month. No mites or at least not many since they seem to have them naturally.

My girls have been free loading since the end of September. Three moulting, the other I have no idea why they stopped. 4 just started then stopped. The other 3 never started. Iv powdered them for mites/lice. Wormed them. Finally bought some feather fixer. Hopefully they start laying again soon.

I like the feather fixer as you saw in my last response. Manna Pro - Omega egg maker has been my egg laying champion. We started this four months ago when my egg production went down a little. We use a teaspoon per hen as a top dressing on their layer. Lasts forever. I get it now at the feed store or tractor supply sometimes has it for less. We will probably stay with this since I notice the production increased.

I have been using this a while now with great results! Birds look better and are laying better than ever...... I am almost afraid to switch them off of it.

I switched mine over to all organic feed. No molting problems this time around, I have one that just finished a molt and amazed me with how fast she feathered back out.

What's in the Feather Fixer that's doing the fixin?
The only thing that I see (from there site) is that they use a "natural" product that helps prevent mites.
If you dust your birds and there on a 18% protein feed, the chances are that you wont even notice a difference in there feathers.

I look every where for this when I first read about it.My local tractor supply finally got some in.My hens will not eat it.I had a open bag stored in my feed bin.I thought something had crawled in and died.it was the feather fixer.this comes in a pellet form.My hens won't eat pellets.so this did not work for me.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom