Nutrena Feather Fixer

"Mite-Fighter
2122.png
is a natural, proprietary ingredient that is not a chemical or a drug."

They say it's safe....but if they can say 'no withholding', why can't they list the ingredient?
If it's 'natural' then it can't be proprietary.

Things that make ya go ...Hmmmmm....
Natural things most certainly can be proprietary. Natural also doesn't mean safe. "Is not a chemical" is untrue, in the case of everything. Everything is a chemical, or made of chemicals.

I'd bet it's diatomaceous earth.

The only thing that I see (from there site) is that they use a "natural" product that helps prevent mites.
If you dust your birds and there on a 18% protein feed, the chances are that you wont even notice a difference in there feathers.

So that would qualify it as just another snake oil product. I feed 18-20% year round and it can be hard to tell when the birds go through their first molt.

So that would qualify it as just another snake oil product. I feed 18-20% year round and it can be hard to tell when the birds go through their first molt.
I'm not saying it a snake oil scam, I'm saying if you dust your fowl regularly and feed a 18% + feed the chances are you wont see a difference between there feed and what your already doing.

With out them listing a active ingredient in the "natural" product it's hard to say if its good or not.
I myself feed nothing less than a 20% feed to my penned birds and routinely dust my birds so I know that there feed isn't going improve anything on my birds but for the person that feeds a 16% or even a 18% feed and has never dusted there birds may see a big difference in there birds on feather fixer and think that it's the greatest feed ever.

I know several very successful breeders/exhibitors of Standard Bred large and bantam chickens that think this feed is very useful in achieving their objectives.

I know several very successful breeders/exhibitors of Standard Bred large and bantam chickens that think this feed is very useful in achieving their objectives.

I know of several major league baseball players who believe that not washing their socks is very useful in achieving their objectives.

People succeed despite doing things all the time. Our brains love to make associations where they don't exist. It's a survival trait - running every time the bushes rustle is safer than verifying that there are actually lions.

In order to say its good stuff, we need to know whats in it, or we need to experiment with it - with control groups.

I used it when we had an egger stuck in molt for over 2 months. Within a week we started seeing pin feathers. I'd use it again if needed.

Well I've went and purchased a sack to see what all of this is about. I am not sure when I will introduce it to my birds, but it will happen at some point. As I read this thread there seems to be a yea and ney. Good results reported, and others nothing to be reported. Trying it for oneself is I suppose the only way to know something of a product.

I like high protein feed, higher than this, so only watching the birds and time will tell,

RJ

This is my year-round feed for my pet Modern/American game cross hen, All I can say is it really does work wonders! Her plumage grew back a much richer color, and she has not come up with mites once since I started feeding. It also really helped with her egg production, the shells seem stronger and the yolk is a nice dark color. I purchase mine in 10lb bags from Randall Burkey so I dont have to deal with having 50lbs of feed for one bantam hen :p

Back
Top Bottom