Nutrena Naturewise-- Love it? Hate it?

warmheart

Songster
7 Years
Sep 30, 2012
Norton, MA
We switched our small flock of 6 to Nutrena Naturewise. The stuff smells tasty, and there's not as much poop in the coop as on Agway layer. Plus, the hens don't seem constantly hungry like on the Agway feed. I was most interested because of the probiotics Naturewise says it has.

What has your experience been with Naturewise? Is there a better feed that also has pro/pre-biotics in it? What about organic feeds? Your thoughts?

my flock of 7 button quail chicks and 3 chicken chicks get the Nutrena Naturewise...i use the meatbird/gamebird and the non medicated starter grower and all the my little chicks seem to like it and and their poo isnt super smelly. i love the smell of the stuff..very yummy smelling.

around here the Nutrena naturewise is the only option for feed...the local feed store has the store brand thats absolute bottom of the barrel junk and the Nutrena which is nice stuff...so mine get the nutrena

I know this is a couple month late but I have been using Nutrena Naturewise since I got my chicks and my birds are doing great! They are super happy and healthy. They never stink, with the exception of 4 Banties that must have been fed something different when I adopted them. They don't stink anymore on the Nutrena.

I am using the Meatbird version for my Cornish X that I just got.

I don't worry that there isn't meat protein in it since I free range them daily. Thanks to the horses, goats and other farm animals surrounding us, we have plenty of bugs for them to chase.

Unless something changes and my birds tell me they don't like it anymore, I think it's a winner!

Back
Top Bottom