Nutrena vs DuMOR All Flock Feed

Which feed should I choose for my mixed flock?

• DuMOR 17% All Flock

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Nutrena 20% All Flock

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters
Dec 23, 2020
Washington, PNW
Hello! As always, I am overthinking everything... But I still want to know what's best. I can get both the Nutrena and the DuMOR All Flock feeds from my TSC. I will be feeding this to my (future) ducks and (current) chickens. I have old hens and new layers at any given time.

I will probably still supplement lightly with nutritional yeast, just in case. Also grit and OS. They do not list niacin levels.

Please let me know what experiences you have had and which is better/preferred! Sorry for asking this so much haha! :lau

P.S. Sorry for the lopsided table graph, it wasn't cooperating. DuMOR is the middle column and Nutrena is the far right one.

Here they are side by side:
DuMORNutrena
Bag size50lbs40lbs
$$$18.89$16.59
Protein17.0%20.0%
Fiber max7.0%6.0%
Fat min2.5%2.5%
Salt max0.7%0.65%
Calcium max4.2%1.90%

Nutrena I find to be a better quality feed. Purina makes Dumor for TSC, but they make it to TSC's specifications, not Purina's specifications. I prefer Nutrena over Purina, anyway.

Plus that calcium in the Dumor feed is as high as a layer feed. Part of the reason to feed an All Flock is so you're not giving way too much calcium to birds that don't need it, which would be anything that's not laying, like young birds, male birds, seasonal layer species that aren't laying right now, etc. The high calcium in the Dumor feed totally negates that.

Nutrena I find to be a better quality feed. Purina makes Dumor for TSC, but they make it to TSC's specifications, not Purina's specifications. I prefer Nutrena over Purina, anyway.

Plus that calcium in the Dumor feed is as high as a layer feed. Part of the reason to feed an All Flock is so you're not giving way too much calcium to birds that don't need it, which would be anything that's not laying, like young birds, male birds, seasonal layer species that aren't laying right now, etc. The high calcium in the Dumor feed totally negates that.
Thank you! That's what I was thinking. I also prefer Nutrena!

Back
Top Bottom