Nutrena vs DuMOR All Flock Feed

Which feed should I choose for my mixed flock?

• DuMOR 17% All Flock

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Nutrena 20% All Flock

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters
Hello again! I'm adding yet another feed to the mix... ( oh boy ) Payback Hatch to Hen.
Here is the analysis.
Crude Protein min 18.0%
Methionine min 0.4%
Crude Fat min 3.0%
Crude Fiber max 5.0%
Calcium min 0.75%
Calcium max 1.25%
Salt min 0.25%
Salt max 0.75%

It is a crumble in a 50# bag for around 17$. Would this be an option for me until they get Nutrena back in stock? Thanks!

Hello! As always, I am overthinking everything... But I still want to know what's best. I can get both the Nutrena and the DuMOR All Flock feeds from my TSC. I will be feeding this to my (future) ducks and (current) chickens. I have old hens and new layers at any given time.

I will probably still supplement lightly with nutritional yeast, just in case. Also grit and OS. They do not list niacin levels.

Please let me know what experiences you have had and which is better/preferred! Sorry for asking this so much haha! :lau

P.S. Sorry for the lopsided table graph, it wasn't cooperating. DuMOR is the middle column and Nutrena is the far right one.

Here they are side by side:
DuMORNutrena
Bag size50lbs40lbs
$$$18.89$16.59
Protein17.0%20.0%
Fiber max7.0%6.0%
Fat min2.5%2.5%
Salt max0.7%0.65%
Calcium max4.2%1.90%
I also much prefer Nutrena feeds—DuMor feeds are notorious for being low quality, having low niacin, plus they’ve had quite a few recalls on feed with problems. That being said, I want to clarify on the 4.2% Calcium that the website shows for the DuMor All Flock—it’s a typo MISTAKE! I saw that as soon as TSC came out with their All Flock product and I contacted them. They confirmed that it was a mistake—it’s supposed to be 1.2%, not 4.2%. They said they’d fix it, but they haven’t to this day unfortunately. It’s difficult to get big corporations to do anything even though I’ve contacted them many times. If you look at the tag that’s attached to the bags, you’ll see it’s 1.2%. I’d send a photo of a tag, but I can’t post a photo in this reply. All Flock feeds specifically always have low calcium because they’re intended for mixed species, ages and sex.

I also much prefer Nutrena. DuMor is infamous for low quality, low niacin and has had quite a few recalls on feed with problems. That being said, I want to clarify that the DuMor All Flock does NOT have 4.2% calcium—it’s an online mistake! I contacted TSC as soon as this product became available and they confirmed that it’s a typo error. The correct amount is a max of 1.2% (min of .7%.) See attached tag from a bag of DuMor All Flock. Unfortunately they still have not corrected the website even though I’ve contacted them multiple times. 😣 I am in contact with Nutrena all the time and they are quick to answer questions and do put higher amounts of niacin in their feeds. You cannot even contact DuMor because they don’t give contact info anywhere. And as mentioned, Purina actually makes the feed for DuMor to DuMor’s specifications. I just don’t trust DuMor. I’ve been a Moderator on a huge duck raising FB group for years and have seen many niacin deficiencies in ducklings raised on DuMor feeds. I know this is an old post, but I happened to see it in a search, so thought I’d give correct info on the calcium amount in DuMor All Flock. All Flocks are designed and safe for mixed species, ages and sex, so they do not put high calcium in them. Best wishes.

Attachments

• 56CB1BDB-4EF2-41F0-8FA1-397EC926FC56.jpeg
    56CB1BDB-4EF2-41F0-8FA1-397EC926FC56.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 6
Nutrena I find to be a better quality feed. Purina makes Dumor for TSC, but they make it to TSC's specifications, not Purina's specifications. I prefer Nutrena over Purina, anyway.

Plus that calcium in the Dumor feed is as high as a layer feed. Part of the reason to feed an All Flock is so you're not giving way too much calcium to birds that don't need it, which would be anything that's not laying, like young birds, male birds, seasonal layer species that aren't laying right now, etc. The high calcium in the Dumor feed totally negates that.
I agree that Nutrena is better feed, but to give correct info—the amount of calcium on the website for DuMor All Flock is INCORRECT. It’s supposed to be 1.2%, NOT 4.2%! have contacted TSC and they confirm it’s a typo mistake and said they’d fix it, but they still have not, even though I’ve contacted them many times to fix it. As you mentioned, all flock feeds are designed for mixed species, ages and sex so they must have lower calcium to be safe for all those groups. Just for info.

Attachments

• EAB948FB-3CF8-407B-A065-8F6F2791D649.jpeg
    EAB948FB-3CF8-407B-A065-8F6F2791D649.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 5
I agree that Nutrena is better feed, but to give correct info—the amount of calcium on the website for DuMor All Flock is INCORRECT. It’s supposed to be 1.2%, NOT 4.2%! have contacted TSC and they confirm it’s a typo mistake and said they’d fix it, but they still have not, even though I’ve contacted them many times to fix it. As you mentioned, all flock feeds are designed for mixed species, ages and sex so they must have lower calcium to be safe for all those groups. Just for info.

We know :) Luckily it got corrected on page two of the thread. Odd that TSC still hasn't fixed their website.

Back
Top Bottom