NY chicken lover!!!!

Rt 20 has claimed another fox. Thank you motorists. And the first of my middle group of this years chicks laid an egg! It was very tiny, but made me realize how far the slightly older pullets have come.

Rt 20 has claimed another fox. Thank you motorists. And the first of my middle group of this years chicks laid an egg! It was very tiny, but made me realize how far the slightly older pullets have come.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

my pullets have started as well. 2 of them now. It is only a matter of time now.

Sunday night I shot 2 coon's out of a tree with my 12 gauge ....flashlight in my mouth. I need a mini mag mount for the mossberg. The next morning I had a coon in a trap. This morning a possum in a trap. 13 coons, 2 possum, 1 fox and 2 weasels so far this year dead

I just went to heat pizza for lunch in the oven. POOF! Big flame, black smoke, and retched stink! Dang mice! I just used the oven a couple days ago with no issue. Signs of fluffy out the back of the stove. This one more thing to clean up this week.
hmm.png

We had the same problem when we first moved into this place. Turned out there was a hole behind the stove. I stuffed it with steel wool and spackled over it. Not trouble. Find out how they are getting in and plug the holes.

I also went into the basement during the day with the lights off and used the Great Stuff spray foam and fill everywhere I saw light coming through.

Of course I still have trouble around the chickens. Stomped mole just today. He was fat and hiding under a board I use to hold the plastic in winter.

Hi everyone!! I'm located just outside of Olean NY, close to the PA line. I started in June with one chick that my son brought home from school. His class hatched eggs. We now have a coop and 13 chickens :) I'm loving the new life with chickens!!

welcome-byc.gif
to hotel California, where you can enter anytime you like but you can never leave.
yesss.gif

I am a irritated with the retail price and the quality of something like this. I saw one at my local feed store, it was JUNKY! In fact, they were planning on sending it back to the manufacturer because it was falling apart. It couldn't even hold up to being the floor model! It would never make it with the elements up here. I found something else that is sturdy, but no run attached. I could build a run, but extra time is a luxury with 2 small children. If I knew how to use power tools, I would just make my own. If I get a plan for the chicken coop that would be ideal....maybe my cousin could cut the wood for me. Where can I learn to use power tools? Maybe I will just use the good old hand saw. Why are the majority of store bought coops so expensive.....and junky?
rant.gif

You could check with your adult education center to see if they have a wood working shop or something to learn how to use the power tools

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

my pullets have started as well. 2 of them now. It is only a matter of time now.

Sunday night I shot 2 coon's out of a tree with my 12 gauge ....flashlight in my mouth. I need a mini mag mount for the mossberg. The next morning I had a coon in a trap. This morning a possum in a trap. 13 coons, 2 possum, 1 fox and 2 weasels so far this year dead

What kind of tap would you use for squirrels? I have been chasing them around with a bb gun, but they keep coming back(of course they do free food!) neighbors are to close for a real gun.....

I used to be a very nice, gentle person, but something has come over me lately. What kind of woman puts shotgun on her Christmas list?

*raises hand* Me!!! I want my own - he has one, so why shouldn't I have one? I need it for predators and for the zombie apocalypse.
lau.gif
Glasshen
I want one too!!! People think that farming is a gentle way of life, but it ain't so. Anybody make squirrel soup?

Back
Top Bottom