NY chicken lover!!!!

Stoney--you must have some pretty tasty chickens at your place to have that many predators showing up for dinner! You must be up to competition level by now with all the shooting you are doing!
big_smile.png
Might be cheaper for you to learn reloading...
wink.png

Morning all! All this talk about guns and squirrels has me all excited! My dh has a highpower pellet gun that has pretty much eliminated all the red and grey tree rats along with the chipmunks. One shot, one kill. Anything bigger and he has the appropriate weapon for the appropriate situation. I also use them from time to time when he isnt here to defend the territory. Pellet guns work great on tree rats.

Ginny--Squirrel stew is very tasty as well as oven fried squirrel. Its skinning them thats a pain in the you know what. I have eaten most everything that comes from the woods. Most are good, some are okay.

Hen--good for you taking a class and learning to shoot! All women should learn to shoot and handle guns.

Adorava---I built my silkie coop with very little knowledge of power tools and construction. Still have all my digits and it looks pretty good! Its dry, easy to clean and predator proof. Built the run too. Learned a lot from doing it myself. You can do it. Home Depot and lowes offers classes if you arent comfortable with using power tools. My brother scavanged most of the materials for me. Here is a pic:

That's awesome! One thing about learning to use tools yourself... you can (usually) just take it apart and try again if it's not right. I built the roosts, laying boxes, windows with hardware cloth and most of my brooder this year. :) Grabbed dh's tools and off I went!

Morning all! All this talk about guns and squirrels has me all excited! My dh has a highpower pellet gun that has pretty much eliminated all the red and grey tree rats along with the chipmunks. One shot, one kill. Anything bigger and he has the appropriate weapon for the appropriate situation. I also use them from time to time when he isnt here to defend the territory. Pellet guns work great on tree rats.

Ginny--Squirrel stew is very tasty as well as oven fried squirrel. Its skinning them thats a pain in the you know what. I have eaten most everything that comes from the woods. Most are good, some are okay.

Hen--good for you taking a class and learning to shoot! All women should learn to shoot and handle guns.

Adorava---I built my silkie coop with very little knowledge of power tools and construction. Still have all my digits and it looks pretty good! Its dry, easy to clean and predator proof. Built the run too. Learned a lot from doing it myself. You can do it. Home Depot and lowes offers classes if you arent comfortable with using power tools. My brother scavanged most of the materials for me. Here is a pic:

Nice coop and well done!!!!

There's a hunter education course in Nassau in late September that I've decided I'm going to attend. My husband has had licenses in MA, VT, and now NY for years, but I've never held one.
Haha! I just got my license last fall. I almost got kicked out for playing angry birds
tongue.png
for which DH keep making fun of me for. They really need to make it more interesting or offer a different class for adults....it's geared towards 13 year old boys.

Back
Top Bottom