NY chicken lover!!!!

Lynzii - I have eggs if you want to come and get some. They're BR's from Kathy in MO. If you ask me how much I'll slap you one.
wink.png
Thanks for the offer but I think I still may get slapped if I were to bring home anymore chicken related items! Plus, I don't really know anything yet about hatching eggs, nor do I own an incubator. I'm hoping one of my hens goes broody in the springtime and I can have her do all the work for me. If I have no luck by June/July I'll look into getting an incubator and giving it a go myself. I still have yet to catch my roo mating with anyone.
hmm.png
Then again, not that I want to, I heard it's pretty brutal looking. LOL

My raccoon came back. Was getting into the cat food in the barn, making a mess,knockinng over the water.
Eating eggs I forgot to take inside....

So, this time I baited the trap with an egg and cat food, and success! It was a huge raccoon!

It was so big, that it managed to lift off a cement block that we put ontop of the plastic box with the cat food in it....

I hope that is the end.

Glad you got the raccoon. Hope he is the only.

the maran's that I got from you have acclimated nicely. Thank you!

My raccoon came back. Was getting into the cat food in the barn, making a mess,knockinng over the water.
Eating eggs I forgot to take inside....

So, this time I baited the trap with an egg and cat food, and success! It was a huge raccoon!

It was so big, that it managed to lift off a cement block that we put ontop of the plastic box with the cat food in it....

I hope that is the end.
Glad you got him! Raccoons are just too smart for their own good. They make me nervous.

I'm hoping it was a "sole" raccoon, but they say they travel in packs...

I have 4 Coronation roosters, that will go to freezer camp if no one wants them. Plus 2 Lavendar orp boys...anyone? $5 each. how cheap can you get?? LOL

I figure it costs me $5 to buy a whole chicken at the store, so what the heck? I don't mind the processing, its the actual eating that chokes me up...stupid, I know...

I also have a couple of decent blue Copper Marans, I hate to eat them, if anyone wants them. $5?

Last edited:
Featherz- I got chicks hatching under broodies as I type this. So far two and two. Two are Birchens but they're staying. The other two are a del and orp lav/split. Each hen has an egg or more to go. I'd like not to leave either one with no chicks as they don't break but just keep on being broody. The sooner they raise chicks the sooner they go back to laying.

Rancher
My broody cochin just hatched out 7/10 chicks. 2 splash cochins, 2 mille fluer cochins, and 3 golden laced.

Back
Top Bottom