NY chicken lover!!!!

Rancher got me thinking with his comment on Brown Leghorns.....

Here's a random curiosity question for you guys and girls:

If you could just snap your fingers and have any new breed of chicken or duck today, (regardless of cost, practicality, disagreeable husbands and wives, etc...) what would it be?

I'm just dying to get my new girls, but if I could add another to the mix I've arranged, I suppose I'm pretty intrigued and impressed by Buckeyes.

TOB
Muscovy ducks. They love flies and I have a LOT of flies cuz of how I dispose of the feeder "dregs". (and the horse farm out back) I may get a couple anyway....but space is so limited, I'm not sure how things would go with more birds in the same amount of space.

Hey there is a email address there for him ..Do you suppose he NEEds some emails ?

I think the reference to tanning him is slang for spanking him or punishing him ..
I didnt get it at first
 tan your hide 

To be disciplined with a switch or any other spanking device. This term denotes a high level of violence in the discipline.
****! My pops tanned my hide with his two inch wide disco belt!
I still say he needs a cute fluffy white chick delivered to his office !

As much as I would love to deliver a fuzzy butt to his office, I am afraid I would be stopped and harrassed by his police/security posse...

Well I'm ready to fire up the incubator again.

Traded most of the others for Horse Manure. It was worth it to me to not have to shovel and fill bags. Thanks to Mderby and her nice DH. I realize there are those who may think "horse manure"? That's not a good trade, but it is to me. Last time I got some I drove a long ways. It was bagged and I did get it cheap.

I do have a "friend" who has horses nearby but every time I ask I get excuses.

Don't worry TOB I kept all the Dels.

Take care,

Rancher

Okay I wake up ...No snow !
I look out this afternoon a blizzard ..snow everywhere & on everything ..
Then the sun comes out ...I See Green Spots Appearing !
Now I see almost all no snow ..Crazy weather !
Did anyone else have snow that stayed ? Mine just melted like Manna when the Sun came out .

So much for a nice day...We're getting snow again! UGH where is my nice weather from this past weekend?!? That was a tease! Let the cheeps out but they quickly went back in soon after this blizzard of flurries arrived. Now it's sticking to the ground. bleh

Traded most of the others for Horse Manure.  It was worth it to me to not have to shovel and fill bags.  Thanks to Mderby and her nice DH.  I realize there are those who may think "horse manure"?  That's not a good trade, but it is to me.   Last time I got some I drove a long ways. It was bagged and I did get it cheap. 

Take care, 

Rancher 

It's no problem at all. If you need more you know how to find me. I don't need anymore chicks tho! Haha.

Traded most of the others for Horse Manure. It was worth it to me to not have to shovel and fill bags. Thanks to Mderby and her nice DH. I realize there are those who may think "horse manure"? That's not a good trade, but it is to me. Last time I got some I drove a long ways. It was bagged and I did get it cheap.

Take care,

Rancher

Rancher, a couple of things...

Firstly, I have a horse who is stabled with my friend's 2 horses. They crank out A LOT of manure. I can check with my friend, but I don't think she would have any problem with you meeting me at the barn and filling some bags with "equine organics" !! Of course, I would like to wait until the weather breaks, but if you bring the bags, I'll gladly help you fill them up. Shoveling horse poop is kind of second nature for me...
lol.png
Don't pay for it, because unless you're looking for some enormous amount, you can just get it from us for free. If you're interested and need more, let me know and I'll check with my friend.

With regard to the Del babies....THANK YOU! We'll hope for some pullets. When you get a chance, share some pics, please...
big_smile.png
Still planning on getting them some time in mid to late April and hope this works out OK for you. We made more progress on the coop today. Actually got a some of the walls framed. I am NOT a natural at drilling, but I'm trying hard! Hubby has been patient.

Sounds like we both covet Buckeyes.
cool.png

TOB

Back
Top Bottom