NY chicken lover!!!!

Just as an FYI I was at the Glenmont TSC today (did not buy any chicks, all they had were New Hampshire Reds). Anyway...they are getting a shipment of chicks in tomorrow so if you're looking for anything in particular you may want to give them a call.

In other news it looks like my 2 roo's are starting to go at it more regularly now...they never seemed to have a problem before since one is a bantam (sebright) and the other is a big buff orp. I hope I wont be re-homing or processing a roo this spring.

So much for a nice day...We're getting snow again! UGH where is my nice weather from this past weekend?!? That was a tease! Let the cheeps out but they quickly went back in soon after this blizzard of flurries arrived. Now it's sticking to the ground. bleh
Us too....big fat flakes, just enough to dust. The girls and I were out kite flying earlier today, it was sunny and "warm...er". Too bad this weather can't make up its mind. Come on spring!

Rancher, a couple of things...

Firstly, I have a horse who is stabled with my friend's 2 horses. They crank out A LOT of manure. I can check with my friend, but I don't think she would have any problem with you meeting me at the barn and filling some bags with "equine organics" !! Of course, I would like to wait until the weather breaks, but if you bring the bags, I'll gladly help you fill them up. Shoveling horse poop is kind of second nature for me...
lol.png
Don't pay for it, because unless you're looking for some enormous amount, you can just get it from us for free. If you're interested and need more, let me know and I'll check with my friend.

With regard to the Del babies....THANK YOU! We'll hope for some pullets. When you get a chance, share some pics, please...
big_smile.png
Still planning on getting them some time in mid to late April and hope this works out OK for you. We made more progress on the coop today. Actually got a some of the walls framed. I am NOT a natural at drilling, but I'm trying hard! Hubby has been patient.

Sounds like we both covet Buckeyes.
cool.png

TOB

TOB!! i am glad you can give Rancher some horse manure!! I seem to find a place for all mine!! But there is so much!!!!!

About the buckeyes. i have ordered 24 eggs to "infuse" my stock. They were supposed to arrive today. No luck. I am not happy.....AAAUUUGGGHHH!! I hope they don't arrive scrambled
somad.gif
rant.gif
barnie.gif
And wasn't there a "smiley "that cried? add that one too.
So much for a nice day...We're getting snow again! UGH where is my nice weather from this past weekend?!? That was a tease! Let the cheeps out but they quickly went back in soon after this blizzard of flurries arrived. Now it's sticking to the ground. bleh

I am happy to say, we had beautiful weather here east of Albany!!! I got one pen(buckeyes) moved, to start summer pasturing!! Yay, they are no longer under my front porch!!!Yay!Yay!Yay! Tomorrow is supposed to be yuckey but, if not I want to move the rest off my front lawn so when I host Easter brunch I don't look so "redneck"
big_smile.png

Rancher, a couple of things...

Firstly, I have a horse who is stabled with my friend's 2 horses. They crank out A LOT of manure. I can check with my friend, but I don't think she would have any problem with you meeting me at the barn and filling some bags with "equine organics" !! Of course, I would like to wait until the weather breaks, but if you bring the bags, I'll gladly help you fill them up. Shoveling horse poop is kind of second nature for me...
lol.png
Don't pay for it, because unless you're looking for some enormous amount, you can just get it from us for free. If you're interested and need more, let me know and I'll check with my friend.

With regard to the Del babies....THANK YOU! We'll hope for some pullets. When you get a chance, share some pics, please...
big_smile.png
Still planning on getting them some time in mid to late April and hope this works out OK for you. We made more progress on the coop today. Actually got a some of the walls framed. I am NOT a natural at drilling, but I'm trying hard! Hubby has been patient.

Sounds like we both covet Buckeyes.
cool.png

TOB

I have no trouble shoveling manure if need be. I do appreciate the offer. Mderby offered to bring and she knows why I didn't come and get it. Her and her hus. are nice. You will like them when you meet them. If we have another NY picnic.

April is fine. I just filled the incubator with more eggs and it's racing to heat up. Many more BR's in this one. Will follow Marq's advice on humidity and hope it means a better hatch.

Just as an FYI I was at the Glenmont TSC today (did not buy any chicks, all they had were New Hampshire Reds). Anyway...they are getting a shipment of chicks in tomorrow so if you're looking for anything in particular you may want to give them a call.

In other news it looks like my 2 roo's are starting to go at it more regularly now...they never seemed to have a problem before since one is a bantam (sebright) and the other is a big buff orp. I hope I wont be re-homing or processing a roo this spring.

I.....MUST.....Stay.....AWAY!!!!!!

Yes, NH Reds, that's what she told me they were. They had two tubs of chicks, she said they were different though. And she also told me about the shipment coming in tomorrow. I wasn't loking to buy any chicks, just wanted to see what they had, I went into get my brooder supplies and feed. I'll have to go back and get a heat lamp for brooder though, I want to use the silver shield and a red bulb.

I didn't have time to read 100+ posts, so I'll just have to skip. Welcome to any newbies.
welcome-byc.gif

I'm getting ready for an open house this weekend for my SIL's shop where I sell some product. Lots of work to be done.

I'm still having problems with that one roo and my hen, but I may have discovered why (or at least a partial reason). LICE! I was assuming she was missing butt feathers from others picking on her. I was checking for lice/mites tonight after they roosted and discovered a vent full on an australorp.

I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
barnie.gif
Anyone have any feelings what works better... pymethrin powder or Eprinex? Good Lord! Between lice and roundworms, I have had MY FILL of pests! Blah!

But it does sort of make up for it, watching my dozen little chicks sleeping in a pile next to me.
love.gif

TOB!! i am glad you can give Rancher some horse manure!! I seem to find a place for all mine!! But there is so much!!!!!

About the buckeyes. i have ordered 24 eggs to "infuse" my stock. They were supposed to arrive today. No luck. I am not happy.....AAAUUUGGGHHH!! I hope they don't arrive scrambled
somad.gif
rant.gif
barnie.gif
And wasn't there a "smiley "that cried? add that one too.

I am happy to say, we had beautiful weather here east of Albany!!! I got one pen(buckeyes) moved, to start summer pasturing!! Yay, they are no longer under my front porch!!!Yay!Yay!Yay! Tomorrow is supposed to be yuckey but, if not I want to move the rest off my front lawn so when I host Easter brunch I don't look so "redneck"
big_smile.png

Well, that manure keeps coming, regardless of whether or not someone wants it.
wink.png
My friend started growing her own hay last year, so she'll spread some, but there should be plenty to share with Rancher!

Sorry about the Buckeye eggs -- hope they show up in good shape tomorrow.

Today was typical March weather: a hint of spring, but mostly winter with lots of blowing in and out snow squalls. Coop construction continued, nonetheless!

TOB

Back
Top Bottom