NY chicken lover!!!!

Nice! Congrats on the Silkie, on the new coops, congrats to those putting eggs in - what an industrious group! I had one duck hatch and am now down to one brooder with some barred rocks from my flock - boooo hoooo!
hit.gif
hugs.gif
I just sold two of my older Silkies and it seems like Silkies are a "hot cake" item. Pared down my Roos and am down to the Barred Rock Roo "JP" and Samson the Bantam Cochin who is going NOWHERE but anywhere I go! Finally got some of the older stock out of the basement and into an outside coop with new shavings and a nice heatlamp. Put them in with the cochins and my Barred RockXEE Cross and one I have to decide what the heck she is. Their treating the babies really well, one went under Samsom the Roo for food and he just kind of gave it a little beak nudge and on it went.

We're trying to cut down on babies for now so that when we move we'll have less stock to either take with us or sell. I am deteremined to take a few with me though! I may still have to sneak a couple Silkies down with me when we head South. Don't know when - just that it probably will - drat and YAY!
hugs.gif
I'll just have to keep track of the BYC Forum even down there! Lots of time though between now and then!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
You get her hooked on Silkies and I'll kick your butt! WE DO DELAWARES, NOT STINKING SILKIES!
rant.gif

You know another word for Silky ? HAWK FOOD! In fact I saw one on the way home from auction today. I think I'll give him your silky address.
gig.gif

You know how the kids toilet paper houses on halloween, well I'll TIN FOIL your house. That'll learn ya.

Silkies are wuss birds. Delawares eat them for lunch. Delawares are a man's chicken. WOOF!

I only got silkies so I can cross them with Delawares and make tuff birds outta ' em.

I heard even the roos are sissy's and will brood eggs.

My head hurts, I think the tin foils wound a little tight.
barnie.gif

Now about todays auction. It was a good one for me, Chickens were going high enough. Wish i took all the hens I want to sell. I don't like to stay and since I live nearby I dropped of the birds went home an took a nap, ate breakfast and then went back but was there til the end.

I might have left sooner but she didn't have enough money to pay me my $17.50. I think others cashed out early. I got a number but there wasn't anything I wanted. Don't have a chance to see where things came from and if I got something you want we can always work out a better deal and save some time and gas.

Still you might find some supplies or hay or something.

Quote:
You get her hooked on Silkies and I'll kick your butt! WE DO DELAWARES, NOT STINKING SILKIES!
rant.gif

You know another word for Silky ? HAWK FOOD! In fact I saw one on the way home from auction today. I think I'll give him your silky address.
gig.gif

You know how the kids toilet paper houses on halloween, well I'll TIN FOIL your house. That'll learn ya.

Silkies are wuss birds. Delawares eat them for lunch. Delawares are a man's chicken. WOOF!

I only got silkies so I can cross them with Delawares and make tuff birds outta ' em.

barnie.gif

Sorry! Poor Trish's already hooked!!
droolin.gif
She wants them BAD!!!

And that hawk already knows where I live!!! I used to like hawks, till they started snacking on my silkies. You may need to tinfoil my house ------ the cuckoo silkies have enormous vaults -- even look weird to me & I like them!

Yeah, silkie roos will brood eggs, but it's because they're modern men, not sissies!
tongue2.gif
They try to take on the 14 pound Lav Orp boys in the next pen, because they want their women!!!
lau.gif
Not that they would be able to get up there!

BTW --- Mazeltov! Cookie's a mom!
smile.png
2 out of 3 so far!

Just wanted to share good news. I have 3 silkies hatched out, and 2 pipped and zipping! Only 5 more to go! Froze my butt off freeranging the girls tonight but they were happy to get out.

Quote:
rant.gif

gig.gif

barnie.gif

Rancher - would love to see a picture of those "Manly" Delewares.
D.gif

Tim......Renee......omg.....laughing my butt off!
lau.gif

Mr. Tim...will see u tmrw..bring the bator and your toolbelt! Lol

Uh....who do I have to take out for that cuckoo silkie.....
tongue.png

Quote:
rant.gif

gig.gif

barnie.gif

Sorry! Poor Trish's already hooked!!
droolin.gif
She wants them BAD!!!

And that hawk already knows where I live!!! I used to like hawks, till they started snacking on my silkies. You may need to tinfoil my house ------ the cuckoo silkies have enormous vaults -- even look weird to me & I like them!

Yeah, silkie roos will brood eggs, but it's because they're modern men, not sissies!
tongue2.gif
They try to take on the 14 pound Lav Orp boys in the next pen, because they want their women!!!
lau.gif
Not that they would be able to get up there!

BTW --- Mazeltov! Cookie's a mom!
smile.png
2 out of 3 so far!

There's no such thing. SISSYS! FOO FOOS!

Quote:
Don't you even think of putting any silkie eggs in my incubator. These three I have all shaved and wearing camoflage. Mr. T and the A team.
lol.png

tgrlily - I got the deprogramming team waiting for Cookie when she gets home. She'll only be drinking Holy Water for a month to drive those demon sillkies out of her system. One week with Nick and she'll remember what a REAL rooster is.

Oh please stop me now.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom