NY chicken lover!!!!

Quote:
Im in onchiota but work in saranac lake-lake placid area--too far? I have 2 pure lav silkies and 2 black split silkies that are within 2 weeks old-pm if interested and if you taveling around me somewhere:)

Last edited:
Quote:
We are both so willing to work around each other, we are confusing ourselves! You tell me what works for you. 11:30 in the morning works for me, or around 2. DD has been sick, so I would like to give her a chance to sleep in tomorrow if she needs to. She woke up today at 10.
sad.png
She's usually up by 6.

Reminder of the Swap meet.....May 7th. 121 Second St., Oriskany, NY 13476 at the Oneida Cty Coop Extension building. 8 am to 4pm.

I hope to bring chicks, maybe eggs. Marans, bw Ameraucanas & blr Wyandottes.

I will also be bringing some waterers for sale. 1 gallon up to 7 gallon.

You can put chicks & eggs in a box with a 2 liter, or 2- 1 liter soda bottles or water bottles. Put the hottest water you can in the bottle cover it with a cloth, and the chicks will keep warm. There is a bathroom there, so you can refill them with hot water as necessary.

If you are coming, ,please list what you are bringing, and/or what you want to buy.
woot.gif
wee.gif
droolin.gif

DON'T FORGET....Poultry Workshop tonight at the Co op Ext. 7pm, 121 Second St., Oriskany 13424
wee.gif

Dave Garret is the presenter and a very good one. Learn about breeding, incubating, hatching, and general poultry care.
Questions & answer at the end...

woot.gif

Trish and Bridget you sound like me! Bridget, I'll bring these 3 ducklings to you tomorrow...cause Trish said so.

And Trish, as long as the hatch goes well, I'll have BBS Cayugas hatching this Tuesday. I won them on the 24 hours auction thread. I only want a few, so if you'd like some, let me know.
big_smile.png
I'm such an enabler!

ETA...incomplete thought.

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
. You just made my day! I was just sitting here all ticked off at myself cuz I missed a phone call for a work day at the post office..I'm a part time rural carrier..a sub...missing hours is NOT a good thing and this is the first time in 10 years....
he.gif

Muggs....you rock and I feel better....granted I still feel like an idiot..but fuzzy CAYUGA ducklings....
smile.png
wee.gif

My hubby keeps telling me to take it easy its done and over with but man.....
rant.gif

Thanks again!!

Bridget..post pics of those babies when u get them...please!!
lau.gif

Muggs...don't ya know I like to give enablers....
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Happycountryhens....can't wait to meet you tonight...we should wear name tags lol!

Last edited:
Muggsmagee: Did ya hear me honk??
big_smile.png
Just kidding. Thought of you on the way through town though. We went through pretty early. Early to Early's - ha ha!

They have chicks at $1.99 or $.99 each if you buy a bag of chicken feed. We didn't take any home. Much as it was a temptation, we have no more room at the inn. The new chicken hotel, ummm coop is being worked on. Between laundrey and cleaning chickies, that is.

Doris is still brooding her eggs, so she has the whole current coop to herself. Don't want to disterb her with the juvies.

Fyrekitten - congrats on your new chickies (and duckies?).
yippiechickie.gif

Happy Country Hens

Meagan and I will be metting tomorrow about 11:30 so we can honk along the way if it helps - or maybe we can stop and google at your chickens!

I don't need anymore birds but man the last ones I got from Muggs were amazing - I pretty much cried when I had to get rid of most of the Roos - they were like an old fashioned gorgeous picture - amazing birds. ducks are just great aren't they???? I have got to get some of the Silver Appleyards if Muggs will part with them and hasn't sold them all in the next couple of weeks
ep.gif

Dang people looking at my home tomorrow cancelled at 2:00 this afternoon which is a pain in the butt and a blessing since I can now meet Meagan earlier.

Renee: You should have seen my husband's face when he saw the eggs.....
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
hide.gif

It IS SNOWING AND FLURRYING HERE
somad.gif
rant.gif
tongue.gif
ep.gif
he.gif
hide.gif
somad.gif
duc.gif
hit.gif

I was trying to get some garden work done - yeah right - winds are crazy today to!!!!

Happy - maybe you should meet us at the school and sell me some of your babies too.....love to help anyone be enabled..... hee hee

Back
Top Bottom