NY chicken lover!!!!

Quote:

As I understand it they are Pips&Peeps Amerucanas. (and I could be spelling that wrong, but you get the idea) They are only 3 - 4 weeks old. I am trying to determine gender as soon as possible,cuz if I have a roo, ray is making me another smaller coop for the 3 of them for my birthday. But if I don't have a roo, then I want a new dress instead Oh, and these little ones already have puffy cheeks. They are so cute. (Have I meantioned that?)

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
...hmmmmm I like that name!

You would
tongue.gif
I now have a breeding program built around a Roo named "Pickle"
barnie.gif

Quote:

As I understand it they are Pips&Peeps Amerucanas. (and I could be spelling that wrong, but you get the idea) They are only 3 - 4 weeks old. I am trying to determine gender as soon as possible,cuz if I have a roo, ray is making me another smaller coop for the 3 of them for my birthday. But if I don't have a roo, then I want a new dress instead Oh, and these little ones already have puffy cheeks. They are so cute. (Have I meantioned that?)

What color are they? Depending on the color there are different ways to sex them. Some Amerucans can be really hard to tell for along time.

Quote:

What color are they? Depending on the color there are different ways to sex them. Some Amerucans can be really hard to tell for along time.

I have a blue one, a lavender one and ah, well, it's kinda really dark gray and I can't remember for the life of me what I was told ,by the person who acutally knows about chickens , what color it is. Is Black a choice?

The one with the tail is the Blue one.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hmmm, kind of tough to be able to tell if you have 3 different colors. From what I understand if you have 3 distinct rows on the pea comb it is indicator for a Roo. probably to early to be able to sex on 3-4 week olds. Your best bet would be to post on the ameraucana thread and see what they say.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
...hmmmmm I like that name!

You would
tongue.gif
I now have a breeding program built around a Roo named "Pickle"
barnie.gif

Yup! Love it! I will be sure to ask how Pickle is doing....geez...did you get that Roo name for your birthday...?!

Quote:
Hmmm, kind of tough to be able to tell if you have 3 different colors. From what I understand if you have 3 distinct rows on the pea comb it is indicator for a Roo. probably to early to be able to sex on 3-4 week olds. Your best bet would be to post on the ameraucana thread and see what they say.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know there was an Ameraucana thread. (But I didn't look either)

Quote:
No such thing as Interupting on this thread. It's a rare day when we don't have 3 - 4 different conversations going on at a time.

BTW
welcome-byc.gif
to this thread Hope you subscribed cuz this is a wild and crazy bunch.
lau.gif

Don't know if I'll be able to keep up....but I'll try
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom