NY chicken lover!!!!

@sonew123. Here's the latest cuties! Some with chipmunk stripes and head spots. Some black chicks. Are they the OE and BCM?

What about the yellow chick?

Thanks, Christina

I just read Grammas' post to you. Personally, I would not lance anything unless the swelling becomes so profound that it's affecting his eyes or breathing. I really think that within a couple of days you will see some decrease in the swelling. Meanwhile, keep him warm and spoilt!
smile.png

I do not have the means to do anything like that anyway. He will be spoiled until he is fit to return outside.
big_smile.png

Poor thing! Thanks for sharing this pic. Very educational for me as I am young to birds and not seen anything like this...I hope your chicken heals very very soon!

Thanks! I am glad my sitter caught it or he would have died. It took him almost 8 hours to even open his eyes and start eating. He is all cozy in the house and the coop will be heated until this cold passes!!

First I would lance the bottom of each wattle ..it looks like it is full of fluid ..
Put something under him so it can all drain out . it wont heal till the fluid is out .

Have you tried Raw egg white ? mix the egg white in a dish ...apply it with a paper towel....let it dry apply it once or twice a day
It works wonders for all kinds of healing ...Burns , etc
This is a controversial treatment ...but I found it work s .
I dont know if you wash your eggs ? I do my last wash with a little white vinegar for anti bacterial purposes

Thanks for the info! I will see if the swelling goes down and will keep everyone posted.

Did I ask you, What do you get when you sit in the snow to long?  ans:  Polaroids.  

I keep asking DW to move but she says no.  I may move there by myself.  :old   

Which reminds me to look for places on line first. 

I want to move to Alaska when I retire live off the grid, hunt, fish and pan for gold. The wife's says no, she wants to move south. I'll try to visit her once in a while Lol!

@sonew123. Here's the latest cuties! Some with chipmunk stripes and head spots. Some black chicks. Are they the OE and BCM?

What about the yellow chick?

Thanks, Christina

The yellow chicks look to be WHITE legbars:) Ive Been wanting to hatch those!! Only time wll tell..tha means my white bresse roo snuck some girls...good thing hes not in there anymore! Then I see pure cream crested legbars...the chipmunk stripe ones..very distinct patterns...I wish I knew which eggs theybhatched out from..any clue? Tha would help some: the black ones with white dots could be sex links..again...depends on what eggs they came out of... Exciting!!!

The yellow chicks look to be WHITE legbars:) Ive Been wanting to hatch those!! Only time wll tell..tha means my white bresse roo snuck some girls...good thing hes not in there anymore! Then I see pure cream crested legbars...the chipmunk stripe ones..very distinct patterns...I wish I knew which eggs theybhatched out from..any clue? Tha would help some: the black ones with white dots could be sex links..again...depends on what eggs they came out of... Exciting!!!

I had three hatch from green eggs, I had 3 hatch from OE labeled eggs, I had three hatch from brown speckled eggs and one from solid light brown.

I see 2-3 CCL girls and 2-3 CCL roos..are you sure the white chicks came from my eggs too? They almost look like pure bresse which Im pretty sure I didnt send because I didnt think they were doing the deed yet? They are out of that group now anyway as of last week.

If you can get another top shot of the chicks seperated out better I can be more sure of the sex of some :D

I see 2-3 CCL girls and 2-3 CCL roos..are you sure the white chicks came from my eggs too? They almost look like pure bresse which Im pretty sure I didnt send because I didnt think they were doing the deed yet? They are out of that group now anyway as of last week.

If you can get another top shot of the chicks seperated out better I can be more sure of the sex of some :D

Do your CCLs carry white? They could be recessive white CCLs.

Back
Top Bottom