NY chicken lover!!!!

The other....

Looks like a girl to me

A question about your olive eggers .
Do you know if the 2 I got from you are brother & sister ..
I am trying to remember if they were in the same pen ?
wondering because ? the 2 new babies I got this last hatch look like pure olive eggers to me
One is Barred & one is grey ...can they be sexed by color ?
I am thinking that the Barred one is a boy and the grey One is a girl
Also I read somewhere it is better not to breed Brother & sister ?
Little grey girl is great at escaping the cage ...and wandering with the big ones ..Thinking of calling her Houdini

Shes on top of the kitty litter box ...hes on the waterer

Last edited:
A question about your olive eggers . Do you know if the 2 I got from you are brother & sister .. I am trying to remember if they were in the same pen ? wondering because ? the 2 new babies I got this last hatch look like pure olive eggers to me One is Barred & one is grey ...can they be sexed by color ? I am thinking that the Barred one is a boy and the grey One is a girl Also I read somewhere it is better not to breed Brother & sister ? Little grey girl is great at escaping the cage ...and wandering with the big ones ..Thinking of calling her Houdini Shes on top of the kitty litter box ...hes on the waterer
The 2 from me are likely half siblings. Olive eggers are a mixed breed bird crossed to get the egg color. They are pretty and fun.

Hello all long time no see. I just want to thank Rancher for sending a post card asking if everything was ok. We are doing ok but we have decided to move back to Cincinnati,Oh. We are buying my parents old house. This house we cant get ahead and it really just needs torn down and rebuilt. This past winter pretty much was the final line when about 3 inches from the wall the floor dropped 1-2 inches.

We sold all chickens/turkeys already but will be selling other stuff if anyone wants anything i should be making a sell post on here tonight. From heat lights to a sportsman 1502. Already made one on craigslist the other night. Also appliances listed on craigs list 2 posts.

Sorry I haven't been on here much but between work and the kids doing sports and 4-H I haven't been online much. All spare time I've been reading books it seems.

Last edited:
Got Turkeys
0.jpg

The 2 from me are likely half siblings. Olive eggers are a mixed breed bird crossed to get the egg color. They are pretty and fun.

Just like the 2 I got from you

I'm not Tab (of course) but I did get eggs from her and asked the same question. She only has barred hens and not barred roosters, so any barred birds from her eggs are cockerels. Not all her hens are barred though so you can't say for sure that the grey one is a girl, since she may have come from a non-barred hen, but the barred one is definitely a black sex link cockerel. Of course this is if you got them from her...couldn't tell from your post if they were from her or someone else. If from someone else, it all depends on what the parents were on whether or not you can sex them by color.

Last edited:

Just like the 2 I got from you

I'm not Tab (of course) but I did get eggs from her and asked the same question. She only has barred hens and not barred roosters, so any barred birds from her eggs are cockerels. Not all her hens are barred though so you can't say for sure that the grey one is a girl, since she may have come from a non-barred hen, but the barred one is definitely a black sex link cockerel. Of course this is if you got them from her...couldn't tell from your post if they were from her or someone else. If from someone else, it all depends on what the parents were on whether or not you can sex them by color.

The OE Gramma got from me were from when I hosted chickenstock. That year I had lost my frizzle barred OE roo and put in a blue cuckoo maran roo with the girls. I don't think I would consider them sex linked but some could be because of the hens (some barred some not). I guess that would still be the case. The roos tend to have more distinct barring while the hens that show the barring have it faint and more in the neck feathers. My pen is a mised pot on the hens. I hatch from all and keep the offspring I like.

Hello all long time no see. I just want to thank Rancher for sending a post card asking if everything was ok. We are doing ok but we have decided to move back to Cincinnati,Oh. We are buying my parents old house. This house we cant get ahead and it really just needs torn down and rebuilt. This past winter pretty much was the final line when about 3 inches from the wall the floor dropped 1-2 inches. 

We sold all chickens/turkeys already but will be selling other stuff if anyone wants anything i should be making a sell post on here tonight. From heat lights to a sportsman 1502. Already made one on craigslist the other night. Also appliances listed on craigs list 2 posts.

Sorry I haven't been on here much but between work and the kids doing sports and 4-H I haven't been online much. All spare time I've been reading books it seems. 

Good to hear from you. Sorry to read of the issues w ur house. Hope Cincinnati works well for u. Pls stay in touch!

Back
Top Bottom