NY chicken lover!!!!

So, on a chicken note. I have a creme crested legbar in my BAMA house. In there I have olive eggers, CCL hens, white CCL hens, and a couple other I can not identify....marans mix.

So, if I hatch their eggs...will they be auto-sexing? Even the olive eggers offspring?
idunno.gif

So, on a chicken note. I have a creme crested legbar in my BAMA house. In there I have olive eggers, CCL hens, white CCL hens, and a couple other I can not identify....marans mix.

So, if I hatch their eggs...will they be auto-sexing? Even the olive eggers offspring?
idunno.gif
Are any of these Barred ? my cuckoo maran babies can be sexed at hatch ..as boys are barred

Hi everyone. At what age should I start giving my chicks grower feed?
I switch on convenince..I buy a bag of 25 pounds for the chicks ..
I feed that till it is out & then buy them grower

Tractor supply - dumar Starter -24 % protein ..Feed free-choice as the sole ration to turkey, quail, pheasant and chukar chicks from 0 to 6 weeks of age. After 6 weeks, gradually transition birds to DuMOR chick Starter/Grower 20%.
I noticed purina doesnt do this any more
They have start & grow - 18% Vegetable Protein -for chicks, to be raised as layers, from hatch to laying age (18-20 weeks).

In other news: You may or maynot care and that's alright.
I guess I'm just in shock right now.
th.gif
so sorry you have to deal with this ...we do care .
It is a sad state of this generation ..cancer seems to be every where
I am surprised any of us can still be healthy ..
With the additives they put in our foods .. monsanto messing with crops ,
chemicals in the air & water ...Poor Flint Michigan.. can you imagine living there ?
thank Goodness our body is made to fight back..

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear your news, rancher. It's terrible how many of us are being diagnosed now. I'm not sure if it's because many more people are getting the disease, or if they've gotten better at diagnosing stuff now. I don't remember hearing about it as much when I was growing up. But then again, what did I know. I've been getting my yearly mammograms/sonograms since I was thirty ish. Not even forty yet. Runs in the family on both sides. My mother and some of her sisters, two of my fathers sisters..... And then there's the heart disease and diabetes and a bunch more. My family is not a healthy one. I think I'm getting arthritis now. I've been afraid to go get myself checked for that. But I guess I shouldn't procrastinate any longer. Well, I'm supposed to be commiserating with rancher, and here I am talking about myself.

It is a sad state of this generation ..cancer seems to be every where
I am surprised any of us can still be healthy ..
With the additives they put in our foods .. monsanto messing with crops ,
chemicals in the air & water ...Poor Flint Michigan.. can you imagine living there ?
thank Goodness our body is made to fight back
Gramma- X2.My heart hearts when I hear so many people are losing loved ones or going through cancer treatments etc...
I lost my buddy to cancer last year-he was 45. My old partner has a aggressive form of cancer...he is 47...I know my occupation made it difficult to avoid~ especially since it's my generation that worked the WTC pile for months without breathing apparatus. I would be interested to see how many Firefighters, paramedics, Officers are dying a slow death from contaminants in the WTC. They have a medical monitoring but never release health stats.

Everything that they put in our environment is not tested by stake holders...it's paid for by corporations who have only to profit. Look at the contamination of the corn in Central America due to Monsanto's GMO crapt. I think there were like 28 native strains that may or may not exist anymore. I could write for pages on this...very passionate about it. Let's just say the reason I am here raising my own food on an organic farm and chicken eggs is for my own health and that of my family. I want to know what I eat eats!

I think many of us realize what a great source of nourishment our little eggs give us.

I'm so sorry to hear your news, rancher. It's terrible how many of us are being diagnosed now. I'm not sure if it's because many more people are getting the disease, or if they've gotten better at diagnosing stuff now. I don't remember hearing about it as much when I was growing up. But then again, what did I know. I've been getting my yearly mammograms/sonograms since I was thirty ish. Not even forty yet. Runs in the family on both sides. My mother and some of her sisters, two of my fathers sisters..... And then there's the heart disease and diabetes and a bunch more. My family is not a healthy one. I think I'm getting arthritis now. I've been afraid to go get myself checked for that. But I guess I shouldn't procrastinate any longer. Well, I'm supposed to be commiserating with rancher, and here I am talking about myself.
This is real stuff...and look at how many of us are dealing with these diseases. Sharing our stories is us relating...

My thoughts & prayers go out to anyone fighting cancer, including the family and friends there to support the patient, who are often just as affected by it. Monsanto & all the food additives & how difficult/expensive it is to really eat right all make me sad for us as a society. May we learn & adjust our practices while we still have time. Our happy little chickens are a step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom