NY chicken lover!!!!

hello everyone... I have 3 roosters I'm trying to get rid of. Two are Blue laced Red Wyandotte. The other one is Silver Wyandotte and Silver Phoenix. Free if you come and get them. I am in Delanson. We are moving and I have to down size. the hens are easy to get rid of but now I have 4 roosters and 5 hens lol. and one of my hens Is on a nest and another just hatched chicks. and I have another I think might be sitting soon. lol

Well it was a drizzly day here. The chickens didn't appreciate it. The waterfowl like it though! I put a colored zip tie on my gosling gander's leg so I can tell him apart. I can still tell apart visually but soon it'll be even harder to do so. The females will get their bands soon too. I tried to leave it loose so he'll have room to grow into it but I'm sure I'll have to replace it at least once before he's fully grown.

Also locked down 11 Isabelle leghorn eggs and 3 AC eggs, so hopefully those hatch well. If they do, I may have some cull AC chicks for Chickenstock if anyone is interested in them.

Hi, how old are the blue laced red? Do you have any blue laced red hens to go with for a mating pair? I'm interested in him tho. But I have a very aggressive Delaware roo, what's his temperament?

Still here of course. Weather is cool but sunny. Haven't seen any wild life yet. Unless you count the grandkids.
lau.gif

TTFN,

Rancher

Well that's funny, lol. An article I wrote is on the home page carousel. As they usually do, they didn't use a picture from the article. But, this time they used a picture of one of my roosters that's not in the article. Never had that happen before!

Well that's funny, lol. An article I wrote is on the home page carousel. As they usually do, they didn't use a picture from the article. But, this time they used a picture of one of my roosters that's not in the article. Never had that happen before!
I'm with you. It's not a full flock without a roo or 2. I also agree that roosters are safe for chicks, my Spitz boys "babysit" and feed the Littles.

Hi, how old are the blue laced red? Do you have any blue laced red hens to go with for a mating pair? I'm interested in him tho. But I have a very aggressive Delaware roo, what's his temperament?
Where did you get him. I've never had an aggressive Delaware roo or hen.

BR and B. Marans yes but not a Delaware. I can stick anyone in with my Delaware and they're fine. Only thing is once the grow up with the Delawares they don't want to leave.

I expect I'll be adding to them when I get home, as I have some young hens coming up and Frenchy will be going back with them

It's been quiet in here! Must be because we're all getting together this weekend :) I've got two broodies so if I get lucky and win some eggs from the raffle I'm going to put them to work.

I also got an automatic chicken door. I LOVE it. It's fantastic not having to worry about closing the birds up at night, not to mention I work a swing shift so it's usually well after dark by the time I can get home to close them up, and they weren't getting out until I got up for my shift. So both the birds and I will be loving this thing. It's awesome, it's got both a timer feature and a light sensor and you can mix and match, so I have it set to open at a certain time but close when it gets dark.

It's been quiet in here! Must be because we're all getting together this weekend :) I've got two broodies so if I get lucky and win some eggs from the raffle I'm going to put them to work.

I also got an automatic chicken door. I LOVE it. It's fantastic not having to worry about closing the birds up at night, not to mention I work a swing shift so it's usually well after dark by the time I can get home to close them up, and they weren't getting out until I got up for my shift. So both the birds and I will be loving this thing. It's awesome, it's got both a timer feature and a light sensor and you can mix and match, so I have it set to open at a certain time but close when it gets dark.
I think most of us migrated over to the chickenstock page until after this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom