NY chicken lover!!!!

There was a couple good deals on them in Binghamton last winter.

Have you any knowledge to the winter hardiness of those ancient birds?

I'd say they do just fine. The pics online for those Emu's for sale they had snow on them.
There used to be a Ostrich farm over the hill from me, they had them for yrs. Guy in our town had a pet Emu for yrs.

@fireredcannon , here's that old ad, I posted it on another thread where someone from Canada was saying they were super expensive there.

These pics were from Jan 5 2016.

Sir Angus Young seems to really enjoy the snacks. He's very quiet, probably listening to all the ladies in the other area. Ginger (we are gonna call her Spice, Ma has named one Ginger already?!?!) is busy eating some cherry tomatoes somewhere....also super quiet!

For those of you who don't know, I'm big on reading and encourage my grandkids to be read to by their parents and of course gramma and grampa.

The new book came today, though an Old book to us that we'd not bought at the time we discovered it.

"The Old Ladies Who Liked Cats". by Carol Greene, Pictures by Loretta Krupinski. It's a great book for cat lovers to read to their kids old and young.

is he your new boy?
Yes, and getting the second on Friday (I love my friends but being guilt tripped into taking birds...what have I done??). We all figured that 2 is better than 1. Angus and Spice are liking the new pad! And I found out that a farm down the road from me sells quarts of cherry tomatoes (and other veg) for 25 cents a package! Cheap treats!

Last edited:
Yes, and getting the second on Friday (I love my friends but being guilt tripped into taking birds...what have I done??). We all figured that 2 is better than 1. Angus and Spice are liking the new pad! And I found out that a farm down the road from me sells quarts of cherry tomatoes (and other veg) for 25 cents a package! Cheap treats!

I really hope Angus lives up to his predecessor. :D I'm much happier knowing such a great rooster found a great home instead of becoming dinner. Now if I can get this other great boy to chickengirl15....

I really hope Angus lives up to his predecessor. :D I'm much happier knowing such a great rooster found a great home instead of becoming dinner. Now if I can get this other great boy to chickengirl15....
??? Help me rehome 2 boys and I will take him. Even if you just swap me and eat my 2. I just can't do it because they are good boys.

Back
Top Bottom