NY chicken lover!!!!

Boo, Jon. I definitely love some of my chickens but I'm struggling to turn from hobby to business. I'm keeping track like a business but find that without the upfront cash to put into renovating two barns I just can't or don't want to get to the size you grew your chicken farm to in short order. You've done well and should be praised for it!

All 14 chicks took over the highest roost tonight. I'm going to have to separate the likely to be sold and list them sooner rather than later. My nicer hens got ousted and I don't want that. They need to be put back in their place. In looking at them tonight I fear that most are roosters anyway.
I have a lot of renovation ideas that use mostly free stuff if your interested. I love the idea of using pallets and scrap wood or saplings to build runs and pallets break down good for coop walls and roost's. Pm me if you want help.

Tell Jon it is cyclical thing - and right now is the part of the year when it is most crowded - but after you cull - you go into winter with the lowest number and so each year rolls along.
he has no choice but to let my "Barnyard " be or I turn it into a zoo here.
1f606.png

Tell Jon it is cyclical thing - and right now is the part of the year when it is most crowded - but after you cull - you go into winter with the lowest number and so each year rolls along.
I like this suggestion above : Let him know there is light at the end of the tunnel ..
Before he gets to the strangle you stage
Plus I have 5 monies ?? <--
Yup I think he might try and strangle me.

I have a lot of renovation ideas that use mostly free stuff if your interested. I love the idea of using pallets and scrap wood or saplings to build runs and pallets break down good for coop walls and roost's. Pm me if you want help.
your saplings idea helped me create my current run. Thanks. I love free. Some of the repairs are structural and roofing, so free isn't going to work for those specific projects.

Hi all. I sold 10 of my broody's 14 chicks. It was tough on me. The couple hasn't had chickens before and will probably be a good home but my broody wasn't happy at first. Four is plenty for her and I'm hoping she returns to being a calm chicken. Tell me it gets better.

Gardeners: tell me how your Brussels sprouts are doing. I have time for them to keep growing, right? When is the latest I can harvest them?

Hi all. I sold 10 of my broody's 14 chicks. It was tough on me. The couple hasn't had chickens before and will probably be a good home but my broody wasn't happy at first. Four is plenty for her and I'm hoping she returns to being a calm chicken. Tell me it gets better.

Gardeners: tell me how your Brussels sprouts are doing. I have time for them to keep growing, right? When is the latest I can harvest them?
lop the top of the plant off and that will put all energy into the sprouts. After you lop them leave them be. A few frosts improves taste and texture. If you make a "cone" of sorts to cover them from the elements they can stay all winter. Just make sure to mulch around the base.

Back
Top Bottom