NY chicken lover!!!!

Me too! Or even called me at the phone number on the box when it arrived at the distribution center the previous night. Clearly, it was an overdue express mail with live animals. At least one of the two chicks that died would have made it then. It was very close. It's a 45 minute drive to the distribution center that I would have gladly made.

I only have gotten one box of chicks this year and it was super cold (it was one of the warm then freezing snaps) they were a full day late and I too live close to the distribution center. Well they finally arrive at my po and being the spaz that I am I checked the tracking at 530 am and ran down to get them yeah lady wouldn't release them.... luckily none died but 24 hours past due and I have to wait for a manager to hand me the box almost 2 hours later.... seriously I wasn't thrilled! I get it's their job etc etc but if I had opened it to one of them dead it would of been someone's behind instead... lol I'm prego and a crazy chicken lady scary combo
1f602.png
. I to ask the worker lady if she thought I was some imposter coming to steal a box of baby chicks at the break of dawn from the Post Office. Creeping around in my sweats
1f644.png

I'm a little bit upset today seeing how when I went out to let my chickens out this morning I had a dead buff hen. She was a young one but she was a good layer. I was surprised and shocked seeing how I hadn't seen any sign of the hen being sick.

I'm a little bit upset today seeing how when I went out to let my chickens out this morning I had a dead buff hen. She was a young one but she was a good layer. I was surprised and shocked seeing how I hadn't seen any sign of the hen being sick.
So sorry to hear about your loss. It's hard to lose one, and even harder to be surprised that way.

Because its illegal for even postal worker to open ur mail without just cause....

Well JUST cause the chicks will die is JUST cause as far as I'm concerned. If you think the folks at the PO don't do illegal things you are wrong. I've seen them purposefully hold up someone check. I've seen them NOT deliver packages and mail because they were being mean.

Anyhow chicks that will die is reason enough for anyone with half a brain. How about calling the ASPCA? Wonder what they'd do?

I am sorry for your loss. It is hard when these things happen. Young birds hide symptoms of internal problems well. Sometimes the only time you can spot a problem is when it's beyond repair. Perhaps it's because they know a sick bird is a target to the others. They don't mention this part of chicken keeping the books and magazines. They just show and tell all the positive things.

I'll spare you all the stories I could tell and will just tell you this one. I had some white buffs and one just did not seem to grow like her sisters. She seemed fine and all just small. One day I went out and there she was dead. I didn't suspect too much as I'd had a Dominique that was smaller too. She lived just fine.

Again I am sorry for your loss, tried not to feel to bad.
hugs.gif
I think we've all shed a few tears. Even the guys.

Rancher

So Sorry ...Sometimes I think it is Easier that way ..
How old was she ?
If you know they are sick you get more attached to them trying to help them .. then they still die anyway

Back
Top Bottom