NY chicken lover!!!!

Hello fellow peeps

I'm way North of most that I see here but am looking to network with others near me. I live in a small town called Brushton near the Canadian border to Cornwall/Montreal. Closest towns are Malone, Plattsburgh, Potsdam, Canton, Lake Placid, Saranac Lake, Watertown. All within 2 hours of my home. Hoping to make some buddies who don't MIND talking chicks with me because I'm driving my family crazy! LOL. I'm new to raising chickens so I'm always reading, researching, running out to the coop to try to identify the things I learned and to try new tricks that I've seen people post here! BTW, thanks to the good folks here, I'm no longer afraid that I will hurt them when I handle them And I've made a friend. My NH Red hen (who is completely white ) whom I have dubbed Big Bertha, is accepting petting, even laid down in the run and allowed me to love on her for 15 minutes!!! Now, the other 4 birds are very interested in the Momma (me)! Progress .
Welcome to BYC. I’m a couple hours from you but have a lot of family up there as my dad is from parishville/ hopkinton and my mom is from Norfolk. There is a poultry group that meets in Madrid or canton not sure which one.they have a swap in the spring in Madrid In the fall they have a show, last year was a poultry swap at the show too. I went last one it was a good place to meet people and see the different breeds. I think this is public as I’ve seen it posted in local TSC here is the flyer.
A2795BFE-7355-442C-9227-D2535F7E1AAE.jpeg
There is also a poultry farm in Massena that has many breeds (I’m not sure about Cochin) the website is MMeggs.com.

Welcome to BYC. I’m a couple hours from you but have a lot of family up there as my dad is from parishville/ hopkinton and my mom is from Norfolk. There is a poultry group that meets in Madrid or canton not sure which one.they have a swap in the spring in Madrid In the fall they have a show, last year was a poultry swap at the show too. I went last one it was a good place to meet people and see the different breeds. I think this is public as I’ve seen it posted in local TSC here is the flyer. View attachment 1508795 There is also a poultry farm in Massena that has many breeds (I’m not sure about Cochin) the website is MMeggs.com.
Ok that's definitely my neck of the woods!! Appreciate the information....now let's just skip that winter business and get to it! Hahaha

yes I remember that now

Yup. I offered to have it at my place next year. I already told DH that I volunteered . He just rolled his eyes at me. I'll take that to mean that he is okay with it. ;) I live about 45 minutes south east of Syracuse. It takes us about 2 hours to get to Watertown, Rochester, or Albany from here.

Back
Top Bottom