NY chicken lover!!!!

My brothers house burnt down yesterday in less than an hour. The family was not home and is ok but lost everything, including two dogs, a cat, and a silkie rooster. It happened in Wells, NY. They have a flock of 13 so I brought all their chickens to my house. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
View attachment 1576784
how horrible ! Im glad they are okay ...Good of you to take their flock ...I hope the family was able to find a place too

Someone in Jordan is looking for some young hens ..anyone got any ?
a Response to my Rooster Post on Craigs list of Course ..
I have a few but they are not old enough yet ..and I may keep them

Luv....where are you located?
I actually live in DeRuyter. It is just south of Cazenovia.

Wow it says I’m new. Hope you all remember me.
How could we forget:hugs

My brothers house burnt down yesterday in less than an hour. The family was not home and is ok but lost everything, including two dogs, a cat, and a silkie rooster. It happened in Wells, NY. They have a flock of 13 so I brought all their chickens to my house. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
View attachment 1576784
So sorry to hear about it. I will keep them in my prayers

Ugh. Have to replace the tarp on my hoop coop. The brown one is less then a year old. The green one is almost 3 years but I have had to tape up so many holes. Both of them are heavy duty. How long do the tarp on your hoops last?
20181031_084141.jpg

Ugh. Have to replace the tarp on my hoop coop. The brown one is less then a year old. The green one is almost 3 years but I have had to tape up so many holes. Both of them are heavy duty. How long do the tarp on your hoops last?View attachment 1577819

I have the same tarp I started with, so however long I've been here. It is the silver with brown underside that I got at Lowe's, is worn at the ends where the sharp hoop ends rub. I bought a new white tarp to replace it with last year, but still haven't. When I do, going to take some scrap hose to cover the sharp hoop ends. Mine is protected in winter by being parked in the barn, in the summer it is on the east side of the barn, so doesn't get the late afternoon sun.

Back
Top Bottom