NY chicken lover!!!!

Hi. I'm about an hour from you and travel through your general area about once a quarter to go to Lakeview Organic Grains in Penn Yan.
I'm not into breeding but have 27 birds of about 19 different breeds with one adorable half breed that was hatched here last summer. She is half WLH, half SF. Here are a few of my flock members.
View attachment 2012365
View attachment 2012367
Your roo is beautiful!

I’d like to try hatching eggs for the first time, but want to start with 6 or fewer. Anyone know of a place close to Ithaca where I can purchase some? I’m also interested in acquiring a few Cayuga ducklings if anyone knows of a local place for those?

I’d like to try hatching eggs for the first time, but want to start with 6 or fewer. Anyone know of a place close to Ithaca where I can purchase some? I’m also interested in acquiring a few Cayuga ducklings if anyone knows of a local place for those?
When I had a broody hen that just wouldn't quit, I looked on Craigslist and found some that were just backyard "mutts"... they had quite a mix of birds. But they were only charging $1.75 a dozen! So, I got a dozen and 11 hatched and lived... #12 was fully developed but didn't live.
Anyway, CL is an option... the guy I got them from has since gotten rid of his chickens but I'm sure there are others that have some.

When I had a broody hen that just wouldn't quit, I looked on Craigslist and found some that were just backyard "mutts"... they had quite a mix of birds. But they were only charging $1.75 a dozen! So, I got a dozen and 11 hatched and lived... #12 was fully developed but didn't live.
Anyway, CL is an option... the guy I got them from has since gotten rid of his chickens but I'm sure there are others that have some.
I have fertile mixed breed eggs. I sell my eggs for $3.50 a dozen though. And I drive through the Ithaca area quarterly. I'm planning a trip within the next few weeks.

Just want to introduce myself to fellow BYC members in NY! I live in Freeville, just outside Ithaca. Anyone close to me?
I’m closest! Lapeer aka Marathon, so half hour or so depending what side of Freeville. :)
I have a mix flock, usually buy a few good quality eggs to hatch show chickens for my daughter in 4-H.
Also have horses, Kunekune pigs, bees. And this year, kid was given an angus calf. The pigs are super clean, this thing is just a black fuzzy poop machine lol

Hi Folks, still kicking, just not so high. Sorry I've been away. Don't have chickens anymore. Not for quite a few months. Working at Wegmans PT and just lost interest. Wife died and all that you know. Been to Texas through December and talks of moving there. Nice and sunny. At least most of the time. Got cold there but days fluctuate. Anyhow logged in to ask about meds for a coworkers Dog. Found Denosyl on Jeffers. Don't know any other companies that might have it. No animals in or out of the house these days. Have been dating too. Grew a stache and beard. Starting over at 67 is not fun. Well in any case hope everyone I used to know here is well and newbies hope your chicken experience is going well. TTFN

Hi Folks, still kicking, just not so high. Sorry I've been away. Don't have chickens anymore. Not for quite a few months. Working at Wegmans PT and just lost interest. Wife died and all that you know. Been to Texas through December and talks of moving there. Nice and sunny. At least most of the time. Got cold there but days fluctuate. Anyhow logged in to ask about meds for a coworkers Dog. Found Denosyl on Jeffers. Don't know any other companies that might have it. No animals in or out of the house these days. Have been dating too. Grew a stache and beard. Starting over at 67 is not fun. Well in any case hope everyone I used to know here is well and newbies hope your chicken experience is going well. TTFN
Glad to hear you are doing okay after such a long silence. Valley Vet carries Denosyl. https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=EF71AA8B-E711-449D-8836-4EAD8F2C989E&gas=denosyl

Back
Top Bottom