NY chicken lover!!!!

Had no idea there were so many posts I missed....stupid forum rarely notifies even though I have it checked to do so. We are hoping to only get around 3 newbies this spring and possibly maybe find a new home for 2-3 almost 1 year old's. Not sure yet. Hope everyone is doing well. Looks like winter is back this week!

Not very close, but I know where you are and have been to Ithaca a few times. Welcome to the NY thread. What kind of chickens do you have?

I’ve 3 Easter Eggers, and a Golden Laced Wyandotte. One of my EE’s is Devereaux, my roo.
I’ve also order 3 bantams that will hatch on March 2nd, a Mille Fleur D’Uccle, a buff silkie, and a black frizzle. I will add to this order, I’m just not settled on what I want, yet. My concern is getting too many rooster bantams. I’m thinking I’ll hedge my bets by ordering more bantams, but my partner would prefer I order sexted chicks (bantams only come straight run from the hatchery I’m purchasing from).

I’ve 3 Easter Eggers, and a Golden Laced Wyandotte. One of my EE’s is Devereaux, my roo.
I’ve also order 3 bantams that will hatch on March 2nd, a Mille Fleur D’Uccle, a buff silkie, and a black frizzle. I will add to this order, I’m just not settled on what I want, yet. My concern is getting too many rooster bantams. I’m thinking I’ll hedge my bets by ordering more bantams, but my partner would prefer I order sexted chicks (bantams only come straight run from the hatchery I’m purchasing from).
I believe you can order Mille Fleur D'Uccle banties from my pet chicken sexed.
Anyhoo, welcome to the flock! Chickens are the best psychotherapists ever!
We live near Penn Yan, about a 2 hour drive from you :)

Hi and :welcome I’m a few hours north of Ithaca in Harrisville. I raise silkies and have a couple serama hens.
If you concern about too many roosters in your bantam order some can be sexed at hatch by color. Cackle has a small order female bantam package and it will list the breed variety they are usually barred or creole.

Just want to introduce myself to fellow BYC members in NY! I live in Freeville, just outside Ithaca. Anyone close to me?
hi, :welcome I'm a little ways from you... just east of Binghamton. I have 3 red sex-links and 6 that I was told are a cross from a Black Langshan. The people I got the eggs from said they had a Black Langshan roo and several different kinds of hens. Whatever, they are pretty.

Hi. I'm about an hour from you and travel through your general area about once a quarter to go to Lakeview Organic Grains in Penn Yan.
I'm not into breeding but have 27 birds of about 19 different breeds with one adorable half breed that was hatched here last summer. She is half WLH, half SF. Here are a few of my flock members.
IMG_20200112_111759654.jpg

Chickens-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom