NY chicken lover!!!!

Rancher--I agree with Gma and Pharm. I had Verizon and switched to TIme Warner for the same reason as you. We had problems with TIme Warner too. They replaced the modem and added an amplifier. It's working good now.
They checked my speed and it's what this package allows but it's way to slow. I don't know why anyone would even offer this speed except to scam people into switching.

But rember the FCC signed net neutrality so all internet be same speed regardless of cost
If that is the case then everyone would be sueing for false advertising with them offering different speeds.

They checked my speed and it's what this package allows but it's way to slow. I don't know why anyone would even offer this speed except to scam people into switching.
you can check you own speed at http://www.speedtest.net/ with my time warner cable I get a ping of 38, download15.4 and upload of 1.14 . as soon as you go there click start don't click the advertisement ****.

I saw on news that things like Netflix and "premium" will be same speed as any other everyone was mad about it

I've spend like 5 min to look into this and have come up with these two sites which so far explain it. https://www.publicknowledge.org/issues/net-neutrality?gclid=CPr2m-XJ378CFQaOaQodjGkAlQ
that is about the net neutrality

And then http://www.cio.com/article/2369964/...x-says-verizon-slows-video-stream-speeds.html that is about the Netflix.

From what I see of them the net neutral thing is mainly about isp's banning/blocking certain sites before the info gets to your comp so making them seem not as being there. There are other things there and some props to change some stuff.

The Netflix site thing is that certain providers are throttling the speed from the site weather you are a regular costumer with the site or a premium costumer. So take my net speed of 15 mbs. If normal Netflix is 15mbs and then premium is 25 mbs it would do me no good because time warner would slow the 25 mbs down to 15 mbs. it's like trying to run net flix on dial up you are taking a broadband set up and trying to run it on a 56kbs line. That's what people are upset about. Netflix actually keep s track of their speeds on providers and there is a running site that gives the info on how fast they stream with different providers. http://ispspeedindex.netflix.com/usa

You can upgrade your TW connection but it costs more. The package you have is probably the slower speed. I pay 140. And the internet speed is good but it's their fastest. I don't mind paying for the internet it's having to buy a package that basically has maybe 10 channels we watch. Dont need the over 200 that we have to buy.
Have to agree there's a lot of junk channels, here we can only get two channels with antenna. Rancher have you updated your computer and cleaned out the trash and cookies if your wifi get pass word protected maybe your getting jacked.

Morning all. A very nice cool morning. Coyotes woke me up twice early this morning. They were partying down near the swamp. As long as they stay down there, they have nothing to worry about. Had to physically put two of the little silkies back in their coop last night. Little brats wanted to sleep in their run. This is going to be a long learning process for them.

Jlaw--good info you posted on speeds and such. Hows that barred rock doing?

Judging from the sounds I am hearing, the boys will be processed when I get back from my mothers on monday. I may do some of the mean hens too. Poor thelma is their favorite target and she doesnt do anything to warrant her treatment.

Off to fling coffee. Later.

I get so much enjoyment out of just watching them. I always feel that maybe I could have done something more if I lose one but every chicken that lives here gets a better life than a factory bird.
I'm one of those parents that understand why some species eat their young at birth. My children are 37 and 38 and I still understand why.

Jlaw--good info you posted on speeds and such. Hows that barred rock doing?
The barred sizzle seems to be doing ok. I put vet rx on comb/wattles/nose/wings. Hopeing it would help clear his airway if he had any water in there. He's moving and eating now in my wooden brooder. I think he will be fine but I'm going to keep him in another day or two to make sure he's 100%.

I went to the Broome County Fair last night (Thursday). The 4-H barns were always packed with animals in prior years. This year there was 8 tables of meat birds, a few tables of rabbits, just 5 regular chickens (Light Cochin bantam pair, buff Cochin bantam hen, bantam Serama roo, and 1 other). Very few pigs, goats, sheep. Even the horse barn had half the stalls empty. Going to inquire if most of the small livestock left after showing on Wednesday, or if turnout is really that low. I showed horses down there many years and the barns were always packed with a wide variety at least through Friday or Saturday afternoon.
Cattle barns were filled again, always surprised to see new farms coming in each year. My brother and his fiance' are showing in the open dairy show today. Little girl has gone down to the fair almost every afternoon this week. Thinking maybe next year she can get into showing, take some of my chickens down. They'd look a heck of a lot better than the fat lazy meat birds. Anyone know what the minimum (Child) age is for 4-H with chickens? For horses it was 6 years old to be a Cloverbud. Little girl just turned 4.

If that is the case then everyone would be sueing for false advertising with them offering different speeds.

you can check you own speed at http://www.speedtest.net/ with my time warner cable I get a ping of 38, download15.4 and upload of 1.14 . as soon as you go there click start don't click the advertisement ****.

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at J. I've not read of anyone sueing. However if you charge me for a certain speed and I find out I'm getting a slower speed is that right?

I'm getting the speed TW says the package gets but it makes no sense when it's to slow to be of use. It's just a ploy to lower the price. Though they could give us a faster speed at no extra cost to them.

I did the speed test and it is the speed the package has. It's just to slow to be of any real use in downloading videos. It's a ploy to get you to switch to TW and then upgrade to a more expensive package.

Verizon charged $30 a month but it was faster.

Back
Top Bottom