NY chicken lover!!!!

My odd story ... yesterday - mid-morning -

Found bantam millie flur d'uccle who is 2 years old on his back and twitching legs once in a while .... I picked him up - he wasn't happy but couldn't - didn't struggle ... I put him in the barn all heaped up with soft warm hay and upright and left him to die a peaceful death.

This morning he was in the exact same place - but mewed at me and walked out the barn and started to eat scratch.

??? Mild case of botulism ? Just cold? It was cold yesterday morning.

Very odd. We'll see how he does through today.

That IS very strange! I hope he makes a full recovery from whatever had him (literally) down.

TOB

Happy frosty good morning to everyone and apologies for another long absence from the board. There truly isn't enough time in a day...!

Hope everyone is doing OK -- and that includes the feathered folks, too!

My flock is doing well. The Del and one of the Columbian Rocks is molting, so egg production is down. Still enough for us, just not able to share as many eggs.

Enjoy the next few days which are supposed to be just lovely!

TOB

something Funny happened to me yesterday ..
My cat caught a chipmunk ...I felt sorry for the little thing ..it wasnt moving so I thought it might be paralyzed.
So I went over to them to see if I could help the little guy escape .
so he decided to move ...it crawled up the outside of my pants leg ...& under my arm & up on my shoulder .
Then it was like it realized " hey I am on a human " And it dove off my shoulder ..into the brush ...so it got away ...from my cat
wink.png

Gramma, a VERY similar thing happened to me years ago. My two cats were both after a chipmunk. The chipmunk dove onto ME and clung to my side for a moment -- well, that's all the cats needed as encouragement to leap on me like a tree. Need I say, "OWWW!" ?
ep.gif
Anyway, I grabbed onto both cats just as the chipmunk ran up to my head and launched itself away to a successful escape.

If someone had been filming, I would surely have won some big $ on America's Funniest Videos.
lau.gif

TOB

Morning Everyone,
Finally finished up the hawk netting this morning. Everyone is out "free ranging" in their runs. All I need to do is get a lock for the door on the dog house for Stella and Ella. Also need to figure out how to cut some spots in their new coop for ventilation. But I'm not rushing that. Right now I have a bigger problem, my poor little blue orp cockerel has been getting picked on by everyone! The first day I let them all out not only did the sizzle chicks pick on him (they're the same size!) but Elvis, my sizzle roo wanted him just about dead! So I removed him from that pen and even tried placing him with Jamie's birds (the guy I'm renting the land from) and it didn't get any better. Needless to say he is pretty beat up, I removed him completely from both pens today and brought him home. I'm running out to TS to get some Vetericyn and Blue Kote, my question is, is the Vetericyn just an antibacterial "cleanser" that just cleans the wounds? Or does it actually help to heal it as well? Do I get the Blue Kote too or no since I'm holding here to recover and no one else can get to him as he heals? If I DO get the Blue Kote do I use the Vetericyn first and then spray the blue kote on? I've never dealt with wounds before so this is all new to me. Heading out now I'll check my phone again when I get there, hopefully someone will chime in by then. Thanks!!!

No worries, just don't want you to feel ignored - if no one knows who are referring to when you say "i live near YOU" they tend to just skim by the post and then it seems like you're not getting answered. At the bottom of each person's post you'll see some icons, a red flag, a thumbs up, ""Multi (meaning Multiple quoted posts), "Quote (Meaning you want to quote that particular post), and Reply. Just click on "Quote" and it'll bring it down to the reply box below. Hope that helps...

Back
Top Bottom