NY chicken lover!!!!

I tend to just send what I don't want to keep and can't sell, and expect that I will not get a lot for them. The 2 month olds (4 pounds each) went for 8, and the 9 month old sold for 21.

I am rather close (25 miles) so for me to get a 30 dollar check for 4 birds that I don't have to feed is worth it.

I was trying to sell the 9 month old as a breeder (Nice bird) and no one wanted to pay more then 10.

Which auction did you take them to? We haven't brought anything to auction this year so far, but we usually take birds to kings.

I tend to just send what I don't want to keep and can't sell, and expect that I will not get a lot for them. The 2 month olds (4 pounds each) went for 8, and the 9 month old sold for 21.

I am rather close (25 miles) so for me to get a 30 dollar check for 4 birds that I don't have to feed is worth it.

I was trying to sell the 9 month old as a breeder (Nice bird) and no one wanted to pay more then 10.

Where is the chicken auction?

help! My little sizzle silkie has been squatting in the corner since yesterday. I picked her up and there is no egg under her . Should I put her in a warm bath? Or glove up and check her vent? I can't see a think because she is a black sizzle bird and very dark.

I read through the egg bound threads but at what point do I intervene?

help! My little sizzle silkie has been squatting in the corner since yesterday. I picked her up and there is no egg under her . Should I put her in a warm bath? Or glove up and check her vent? I can't see a think because she is a black sizzle bird and very dark.

I read through the egg bound threads but at what point do I intervene?

I gave her a bath and checked and lubed her vent...did not feel an egg. What do I do now? Just watch her???

sorry bout the blank post, a guy next door to me raises beauty wellsumers and buffs I can check it out for you I know he has 1 months old birds right now, I live in Virgil my let me know if u would like me to check it out

That would be great.He is just looking for Buffs that are around a year and have started laying.

Saved a keet today. Actually Lacie pointed it out to me. I let Ciel and the keets out the roam the coop and noticed she only had four. I thought another had died and I would probably find it in the hay later. Just then Lacie came into the coop, walked toward the back of the crate, and nudged something. It was a keet that had slipped out of the crate somehow and was freezing. I thought it was dead but I picked it up and it moved just the tiniest bit. After about two hours in the incubator it's now up and walking and I'll be taking it back out to Ciel soon. But I'm so glad Lacie found it because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to it in time.

Saved a keet today. Actually Lacie pointed it out to me. I let Ciel and the keets out the roam the coop and noticed she only had four. I thought another had died and I would probably find it in the hay later. Just then Lacie came into the coop, walked toward the back of the crate, and nudged something. It was a keet that had slipped out of the crate somehow and was freezing. I thought it was dead but I picked it up and it moved just the tiniest bit. After about two hours in the incubator it's now up and walking and I'll be taking it back out to Ciel soon. But I'm so glad Lacie found it because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to it in time.
Lacie is a great guard goose!! My keets are soooo temperature sensitive compared to my other birds. Even the tiny quail cots are hardier!!! Those guineas will be well protected as they grow!!
Recovered from yesterday's anniversary outing with DH - time to move babies into the grow out pens. Getting goslings tonight, and putting ducks in lockdown on Sunday...

Back
Top Bottom