NY chicken lover!!!!

Jumbo-Fontana-Chicken-Barn-ECHK503_B.jpg
I
I bought the New Age Fontana Chicken coop from Houzz- It was the cheapest. I paid about $380 shipped and they are sold out. Wayfair and others have it for over $400 shipped.

Right now it is in two good sized boxes under the pear tree to be put together. So far i like what I see...

Information
The Jumbo Fontana Chicken Barn features 12+ square feet of interior space for up to 12 birds. Includes nesting box that houses 3 divided nesting boxes. Made of ecoFLEX, a durable composite material that will not warp, crack, split or absorb moisture.
Features

• Made with ecoFLEX, a recycled wood/polymer blend that provides a non-toxic solution to your chicken raising needs
  • Resistant to moisture, warping, cracking and splitting
  • Maintenance Free
  • Removable roof for easy access and easy cleaning
  • 10 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Product Details
  • Frame Material: Other
  • Nesting Box Included: Yes
  • Pull-out Tray Included: No
  • Private Sleep Space: Yes
  • Levels: 1- Level
  • Chicken Capacity: 12
  • Assembly Required: Yes
  • Product Warranty: 10 Year
  • Weights & Dimensions
  • Overall: 40.6" H x 59.4" W x 46.3" D
  • Nesting Box: 16.5" H x 23.6" W x 38.4" D
  • Ramp: 6" H
  • Overall Product Weight: 123 lbs

Looks good and cheap. How heavy are the sides, floor etc. etc. Is there a window or light source?

You know what IDK- I will let you know when I put it together. It was in single plastic boards with tongue and groove...should be interesting!
Sorry that sounded rude. I meant it was a good price. To me cheap can be a good price. I would buy that before building another hoop coop. The hardware cloth alone is a lot of money, not to mention the cost of other supplies.

Though I would raise it off the ground.

Jumbo-Fontana-Chicken-Barn-ECHK503_B.jpg
I I bought the New Age Fontana Chicken coop from Houzz- It was the cheapest. I paid about $380 shipped and they are sold out. Wayfair and others have it for over $400 shipped. Right now it is in two good sized boxes under the pear tree to be put together. So far i like what I see... Information
The Jumbo Fontana Chicken Barn features 12+ square feet of interior space for up to 12 birds. Includes nesting box that houses 3 divided nesting boxes. Made of ecoFLEX, a durable composite material that will not warp, crack, split or absorb moisture.
Features

• Made with ecoFLEX, a recycled wood/polymer blend that provides a non-toxic solution to your chicken raising needs
  • Resistant to moisture, warping, cracking and splitting
  • Maintenance Free
  • Removable roof for easy access and easy cleaning
  • 10 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Product Details
  • Frame Material: Other
  • Nesting Box Included: Yes
  • Pull-out Tray Included: No
  • Private Sleep Space: Yes
  • Levels: 1- Level
  • Chicken Capacity: 12
  • Assembly Required: Yes
  • Product Warranty: 10 Year
  • Weights & Dimensions
  • Overall: 40.6" H x 59.4" W x 46.3" D
  • Nesting Box: 16.5" H x 23.6" W x 38.4" D
  • Ramp: 6" H
  • Overall Product Weight: 123 lbs
you just made a light bulb come on in my head. We have a bunch of tongue and grove wall boards. I and going to take them and some of our old windows and make a grow out coop for in the chicken run.

Thank you, Purpletie! That looks really nice, neat, weatherproof, and so square and straight! Lots of things the retirement home is not. I will take a picture of it tomorrow so you can see how amaturish my building skills are. We put it on its wagon base with wheels, and I moved Earl and Mama in. They are inside the electric fence, and tomorrow I will put a plastic fence up to keep the others away, so they can go out. No crowing in the basement. Yay!

Sorry that sounded rude. I meant it was a good price. To me cheap can be a good price. I would buy that before building another hoop coop. The hardware cloth alone is a lot of money, not to mention the cost of other supplies.

Though I would raise it off the ground.
LOL- I did not take it that way at all! I was actually thinking of putting it on a raised deck. I usually build a deck...put it on blocks and go from there! LOL

you just made a light bulb come on in my head. We have a bunch of tongue and grove wall boards. I and going to take them and some of our old windows and make a grow out coop for in the chicken run.
I did my A-frame off of tongue and groove for the doors. super easy build. But, I don't feel like building.

Thank you, Purpletie! That looks really nice, neat, weatherproof, and so square and straight! Lots of things the retirement home is not. I will take a picture of it tomorrow so you can see how amaturish my building skills are. We put it on its wagon base with wheels, and I moved Earl and Mama in. They are inside the electric fence, and tomorrow I will put a plastic fence up to keep the others away, so they can go out. No crowing in the basement. Yay!
I had chicken brooders everywhere last winter. I remember being in bed and hearing a crow from downstairs...Seriously, my silkie roo was crowing in his brooder at like 6 weeks old. But, they were so small still to put out in the cold.

Do you have the plastic electric fence? How does that work for you? I was thinking of investing in one for the honas.

I would love wagon wheels! Too cool~

Hi folks,

I just signed up tonight, although I've been lurking here off and on for a couple of years. I'm from the finger lakes region and started my flock of Buff Orps last summer along with a couple dozen freedom rangers. The Orps are doing great and started laying recently. I just ordered this years rangers and will be getting the first half of them in a couple of weeks. 

Dave

Welcome to the coop!

Last edited:
Okay, I want to join this thread! I'm about 15 miles from Amsterdam, NY and am picking up my RIR (+ 1 oddball for my Mom) next Thursday and would really like to be able to chat with fellow NYers!
big_smile.png
Getting my ladies at the new Runnings store in Gloversville, the girl working there has been so darn helpful.

Hi folks,

I have a hen setting on three eggs that should be hatching in the next day or two. How much time should I wait after the 21 days before I decide that they aren't going to hatch? Also, has anyone slipped day olds under a hen to break her from being broody? 

Thanks, 
Dave

I have sold day old chicks to someone to break a broody. They said it worked very well.

Back
Top Bottom