NY chicken lover!!!!

Anyone in Central NY rehoming some hens? A friend in mine in Marathon had her flock killed off by a weasel. The kids are devastated. Only the barred rock rooster remains. They are reinforcing the coop with hardware cloth. I offered my incubator if they wanted to hatch some come spring, but they are looking for a few hens to keep the roo company.

Anyone in Central NY rehoming some hens? A friend in mine in Marathon had her flock killed off by a weasel. The kids are devastated. Only the barred rock rooster remains. They are reinforcing the coop with hardware cloth. I offered my incubator if they wanted to hatch some come spring, but they are looking for a few hens to keep the roo company.
I have 7 or 8 of this year's pullets for sale if she would be interested. Mixed breed. Kind of far, about a hundred miles.

Ask Rancher ...he may have some ..he is looking to downsize his flock some ...
However he may not like the situation they would possibly be in ..
Need More info
So ...About a hour from Syracuse ...Would they come and get them ?
Our would the donors have to deliver ?

Since I'm starting up with chickens again I was wondering how you all do with mixing vaccinated and unvaccinated birds. I heard it is a big no no but I didn't seem to have problems in the past. Except polish. They did not do great, but I hear that from a lot of people.

Since I'm starting up with chickens again I was wondering how you all do with mixing vaccinated and unvaccinated birds. I heard it is a big no no but I didn't seem to have problems in the past. Except polish. They did not do great, but I hear that from a lot of people.

Do you mean for Mareks? It's not a problem. They don't use the real virus to make the vaccine so the vaccinated birds can't infect the unvaccinated ones or anything like that.

Just wanted to sayThank you to Cutiepatootie. Thanks to her generous sale of her beautiful pair of Malines, I'm on my way to growing my own flock. My first hatch of 6 is now about seven days old. My second hatch of 7 is just 2 days old.

These pics are of the first bunch. More group pics when I clean the brooder. I can't Thank her enough. These are Big Beautiful birds.

Back
Top Bottom