NY chicken lover!!!!

I figured it was about time for me to pop in and try to catch up. This fall has been wicked busy for me. Work, school, ballet on Saturdays, soccer on Sundays, first school concert, oldest is on a Lego team through school, refinancing the house for better interest rate,and then christmas rush. My husband was working 6 days a week then helping my cousin on his tree farm on sundays. Sinus colds and stomach bug went through in turn during December. I avoided media during the campaign months, just couldn't take it.

Hope everyone is doing well and I wish you the best. Sorry I've missed whats been happening here.

I figured it was about time for me to pop in and try to catch up. This fall has been wicked busy for me. Work, school, ballet on Saturdays, soccer on Sundays, first school concert, oldest is on a Lego team through school, refinancing the house for better interest rate,and then christmas rush. My husband was working 6 days a week then helping my cousin on his tree farm on sundays. Sinus colds and stomach bug went through in turn during December. I avoided media during the campaign months, just couldn't take it.

Hope everyone is doing well and I wish you the best. Sorry I've missed whats been happening here.

Wow it's been busy for you. We got hit with the stomach bug for Christmas too. Things are busy for us now with wrestling. It will be worse whe baseball starts. Good to hear from you.

Does anyone know a nonhatchery source where I can get la fleche hatching eggs? or even in canada. My sister has 2 females but no male and I would like to raise them also...rare to find there's only like 100 people on the facebook la fleche breeder facebook page. Even the BYC threads are pretty scarce on La fleche ~2012 activity lol a dying breed.

Earlier today I heard back from a hatchery that another person said they were unhappy with...does anyone have experience with urch? They sent me a price list for 2017 and it looks like they still have la fleche. can't decide yet. Some of the stuff they offer is kind of funny. $20 for canada goose? I hate those things! lol

Does anyone know a nonhatchery source where I can get la fleche hatching eggs? or even in canada. My sister has 2 females but no male and I would like to raise them also...rare to find there's only like 100 people on the facebook la fleche breeder facebook page. Even the BYC threads are pretty scarce on La fleche ~2012 activity lol a dying breed.

Earlier today I heard back from a hatchery that another person said they were unhappy with...does anyone have experience with urch? They sent me a price list for 2017 and it looks like they still have la fleche. can't decide yet. Some of the stuff they offer is kind of funny. $20 for canada goose? I hate those things! lol

Knew I saw La Fleche somewhere here in NY so I searched back on this thread, 8-2014 someone on craigslist in Akron had seven hens and a rooster for sale for $45. Not sure if they were hatchery stock. Might be possible someone has them not far from here. Interesting breed, if I could have every breed I've ever wanted Lol they would be one of them. The French rate them better than Breese actually as far as a table bird.
Not sure about that hatchery, never heard of them, the name Duane Urch sounds familiar though, quick google search I find nothing but seems like I've heard the name at some point as a breeder or shower or had his own lines of birds IDK?
Sand Hill Preservation Center also has La Fleche, not sure of their quality and no hatching eggs and looks like they're sold out of them till end of May.

Hi all....Its been quite a while since I was on last. I like to come on to see how everyone is doing. Something happened a couple of days ago that still has me shocked. Ive been a chicken mom for 7 years (this time) and I went out to feed my chickens and everyone of them was dead. Feathers and birds were scattered all over the coop. I still can't believe what I saw. Tomorrow morning my grandson and I are building a weasel trap. If I want to have chickens again, I need to be sure that I can keep them safe. In the spring, I'll go around the coop burying hardware cloth. Some were 7 years old. We've never had predator problems outside of the neighbors dog. Be alert. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't.

So sorry to hear about your chickens, Sally! That's terrible! And to have it happen so suddenly without any prior signs. You must be so upset. Hardware cloth sounds like a good idea. I hope you catch the perpetrator soon.

Good to hear from you ..
I hope everyone is feeling better

Hi all....Its been quite a while since I was on last. I like to come on to see how everyone is doing. Something happened a couple of days ago that still has me shocked. Ive been a chicken mom for 7 years (this time) and I went out to feed my chickens and everyone of them was dead. Feathers and birds were scattered all over the coop. I still can't believe what I saw. Tomorrow morning my grandson and I are building a weasel trap. If I want to have chickens again, I need to be sure that I can keep them safe. In the spring, I'll go around the coop burying hardware cloth. Some were 7 years old. We've never had predator problems outside of the neighbors dog. Be alert. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't.

So Sorry ...That is the one thing I dread ...Hope you catch the bugger

Sorry for your loss. Hope you catch the weasel. Someone on here used rat traps screwed to the floor & baited with meat or liver.

Back
Top Bottom