NY chicken lover!!!!

Ugly chick pics, jersey giant/polish cross doesn't make for a pretty bird IMHO...Lol! :-D

Lol sorry but the second picture makes it look like an old half bald man..

Be careful with heaters ..they are the #1 cause of fire in coops .
If you are running electric in there ..make sure the extention cord is heavy duty .
Make sure the chickens cant knock over the light ..
48 should be okay for them ..as long as they have a mommy .

Be careful with heaters ..they are the #1 cause of fire in coops .
If you are running electric in there ..make sure the extention cord is heavy duty .
Make sure the chickens cant knock over the light ..
48 should be okay for them ..as long as they have a mommy .
Allow me to add. Make sure the light is secure. Those clips they give you are NOT enough to secure the light.

Too be aware there are lower wattage heat lights to be found on line. 250 is much to much for most brooders. 95 is find but chicks grow fast and so the temp needs to be lowered. However those 250 bulbs don't allow for lowering of the temperature. I have used just plain 100 watt bulbs.

These work well too.
s-l64.png

100 watt

s-l64.jpg

$5.42 free shipping

s-l64.jpg

NO! It seems to me chicks will grow to fast and knock this over.

2272-2T.jpg

2 pack 75 watts each amazon $14.95

41XQidKXGgL._AC_SR160,160_.jpg

I buy the lamps with the C hook on top. Take the clamp off and secure the light on a chain to a O screw to the ceiling the other end of the chain to a hook screw attached to the wall so I can raise and lower the light as needed.

Notice the "C" type on the end of this unit. Squeeze it tight and take the clamp off.

71a5c6ZC%2B9L._SL1500_.jpg

shopping
into the ceiling.
008236093346sm.jpg
Into the wall. The light does not move on the chain very easily which means it's not likely to slide down.

I hope some of these suggestions help everyone be safe with these heat lights.

Last edited:
Premier1supplies.com sells a heat lamp made of plastic and one piece bulbs that don't melt and break. I have the set up for my coop and I love it! Doesn't have a clip but rather a spot to hang it with a double ended snap or something more secure like that. There is a plastic cage around the bulb. I love it and recommend it!

100 watt

s-l64.jpg

$5.42 free shipping

s-l64.jpg

NO! It seems to me chicks will grow to fast and knock this over.

2272-2T.jpg

2 pack 75 watts each amazon $14.95

41XQidKXGgL._AC_SR160,160_.jpg

I buy the lamps with the C hook on top. Take the clamp off and secure the light on a chain to a O screw to the ceiling the other end of the chain to a hook screw attached to the wall so I can raise and lower the light as needed.

Notice the "C" type on the end of this unit. Squeeze it tight and take the clamp off.

71a5c6ZC%2B9L._SL1500_.jpg

shopping
into the ceiling.
008236093346sm.jpg
Into the wall. The light does not move on the chain very easily which means it's not likely to slide down.

I hope some of these suggestions help everyone be safe with these heat lights.
Good Points Rancher

Back
Top Bottom