NY chicken lover!!!!

What did you ever do with the Lavender Orps. Jody won't be hatching this year. She no longer has the Buffs or the Blacks. I felt so bad I didn't ask about hatching eggs. 

I kept them a few years and they only laid a hand full of eggs. Tried hatching what I got and got 2 chicks. Only 1 survived. The black rooster went to a boy wanting to breed and show that type. The hens we brought to kings auction (DH has hounded each winter to downsize to reduce feed and water hauling) :( They were beautiful and I feel bad. I don't think they liked the move.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for the Duck.  

I'd considered Ducks and considering it's so wet here I should, but I'd need to find someone to hire for a few hours work now and then. Too wintering ducks might be tough. 
poor duck?? He has a great life. He loves it here. He has a sled turned into a pond and gets all the attention he wants. He can't mate his neck is all messed up so no loss there. Trust me Duckie Mallard has it made. He greets me every morning and tells me good night. He's a great protector too.

poor duck?? He has a great life. He loves it here. He has a sled turned into a pond and gets all the attention he wants. He can't mate his neck is all messed up so no loss there. Trust me Duckie Mallard has it made. He greets me every morning and tells me good night. He's a great protector too.

I think he means because he's the only duck. But since you're getting ducklings from me at Chickenstock that'll be taken care of :)

Ok. I am officially insane. I've ordered shipped eggs to set on 4/1. There is no guarantee of hatch- but I will be incubating: Isbar, Frisian Gulls, Cream Brabanter, Pavlovskaya, Lavender Ameraucana, Wheaten Ameraucana, and Splash/Blue mix Ameraucana. There's a chance that I will be able to get the Blue Birchen Marans in time too.

Ok. I am officially insane. I've ordered shipped eggs to set on 4/1. There is no guarantee of hatch- but I will be incubating: Isbar, Frisian Gulls, Cream Brabanter, Pavlovskaya, Lavender Ameraucana, Wheaten Ameraucana, and Splash/Blue mix Ameraucana. There's a chance that I will be able to get the Blue Birchen Marans in time too.

If that's the definition of insane then the whacky wagon will be picking me and my 6 boxes of eggs up at the post office tomorrow
1f61c.png
1f423.png
Good luck

If that's the definition of insane then the whacky wagon will be picking me and my 6 boxes of eggs up at the post office tomorrow
1f61c.png
1f423.png
Good luck

Think that train is circling around here too. The Wyandotte eggs shipped today, but need more to fill the incubator so hopefully getting RIR from Pharm and also bid on the Americaunas. I joined that FB group Tao, wow there are some nice/pricey ones on there.

Last edited:
Think that train is circling around here too. The Wyandotte eggs shipped today, but need more to fill the incubator so hopefully getting RIR from Pharm and also bid on the Americaunas. I joined that FB group Tao, wow there are some nice/pricey ones on there.

I'm sorry if you blame me, but you're welcome if it ends up being a good thing. That group is going to make me broke. Good luck to you.
Thank you dcba. Good luck to you, too.

Back
Top Bottom