NY chicken lover!!!!

Sand Hill's not really a hatchery and they don't do communication well. They will only call you if your birds ship, they won't call you if they don't. I could call, but they only take calls during a certain time period of two hours on two specific days a week. And they even stop doing that once they really get into the swing of hatching. So I'm just gonna wait because the next time I could call them would be Monday anyway.

Kinda a screwed up deal

I'll let you know. I'm not mad they didn't contact me because it was clear that they wouldn't from their website. I'm just a little bummed my order didn't ship because all that I ordered that they specifically had to send was four goslings. I told them they could sub on the ducklings. It wasn't a large order either, just ten birds. I had plans to take those goslings to a speaking event I'm doing on Friday to teach people about poultry and their proper care and I'm just a little sad that I won't have them for that now.

So now I'm trying to hunt up some kind of waterfowl to take and I'm thinking I'm going to have to buy six ducklings from TSC that I don't really want and then try to sell them off after the event.

TSC by me let's you buy a minimum of 2 ducklings .

Frog pond farms let me buy one duckling once. Explained to them that we had only one hatch and it just needed a companion.
When we moved I had a duck setting so we left her until they hatched then gathered her and the little one's up and moved them here. DW took the remainder of eggs that didn't hatch and put them under a light bulb and one hatched.

Wah! My best roo Pugley (son of the O-so wonderful but ugly Gomez) just met his end the same as his daddy, taking one for the team and defending the ladies..

Anyone near-ish Saratoga have NN eggs? I am collecting eggs from my girls to see if I can get Son Of Pugsley like I did for Gomez.. Wish me luck!
Not near Saratoga, but I will be at Chickenstock. I have a NN blue barred rooster with bowtie, that hatched from Pyxis' eggs last year Chickenstock. Here is a picture of him last fall, he is now a hefty size roo.

I built this one. Not a removable bottom, but still easy enough to clean.
I need something like that for the garage. The 13 chicks are quickly outgrowing the 4' indoor brooder box I have.

Last edited:
Love seeing all the chick talk! Hope all are doig well. I am hoping our incubation goes well, and I get to take home those chicks. We have seven eggs set from a barnyard mix,two green eggs, two white, two brown, and one pink. Super excited to see what we get! They are due April 23.

I wouldn't worry about it. Unless you had them shipped priority express, they won't be in until tomorrow or maybe the next day. The weather is mild currently so they have a good chance especially if you ordered at least 15.

We ordered some baby chicks in the mail. They shipped yesterday and were supposed to arrive by 3:00 pm today. The local post office has no idea where they are. The tracking has them leaving a shipping facility last night at 7:00 pm. They are a birthday present for my daughter, and I just had to tell her that they may be sick or dead when they arrive. Praying they arrive tomorrow in good shape! But being realistic about the odds....
my 15 survived teens and single digit temps so im sure ur fluff butts will be ok ... Been really nice out.... Call the main city near u that they will come thru speak to a manager. Lots of times i found it helps even if not livestock

The postal service has changed some things and "priority express" may not be guaranteed. Please check to be sure. Check that "Most Locations" and "money back" [COLOR=202020]"Delivering 7 days a week, this is our fastest domestic service for time-sensitive letters, documents, or merchandise. Guaranteed overnight scheduled delivery to most locations[/COLOR]2 [COLOR=202020], including PO Boxes, or your money back[/COLOR]1 [COLOR=202020]. From $23.75 at Post Office locations and online."[/COLOR] [COLOR=202020]Hope things worked out. Don't know why the PO. doesn't just open up the box and take the chicks to save them. Better that than leaving them to die. I'd rather someone had the chicks than have them die. [/COLOR]
Because its illegal for even postal worker to open ur mail without just cause....

Because its illegal for even postal worker to open ur mail without just cause....

I'd forgive the taxpayer employee if they broke the law and opened my box with holes in it to save a couple dozen lives.
1f60a.png

I'd forgive the taxpayer employee if they broke the law and opened my box with holes in it to save a couple dozen lives.
1f60a.png

Me too! Or even called me at the phone number on the box when it arrived at the distribution center the previous night. Clearly, it was an overdue express mail with live animals. At least one of the two chicks that died would have made it then. It was very close. It's a 45 minute drive to the distribution center that I would have gladly made.

Back
Top Bottom