NY chicken lover!!!!

I have an older Lyon TX7 automatic turn incubator for sale if anyone is looking. We used it at school to hatch all sorts of eggs but hasn’t been used in several years now and just sat in storage. Will sell for $50 if anyone wants to come pick it up. Has all the manuals and parts. Pic of incubator all together is to show what it looks like but is not actual incubator. These incubators are expensive so this is a good deal and they still sell replacement parts for them.

AFEEC7F3-285C-4290-AB46-200494D8C0CE.jpeg
BE469B35-A11B-4B6E-9C32-098205D6C2AA.jpeg
7B1A691F-98FB-4725-B0E9-5C0EE4FDC445.jpeg

Got my first two of three chicken egg shipments. 1 doz bantam partridge Wyandotte eggs from Tx. Really nice person to work with, but think they are inexperienced in shipping. Used a plastic bag, filled with expanding foam, then set the eggs on, then put another expanding foam filled bag on top. Three of the eggs were cracked and can’t get them out because the foam “ate” them. Other was half doz orps from AR, wrap with small bubble wrap and in a single box with newspaper. Fingers crossed for tomorrow’s doz Wyandotte coming from the dreaded GA postal system.

Got my first two of three chicken egg shipments. 1 doz bantam partridge Wyandotte eggs from Tx. Really nice person to work with, but think they are inexperienced in shipping. Used a plastic bag, filled with expanding foam, then set the eggs on, then put another expanding foam filled bag on top. Three of the eggs were cracked and can’t get them out because the foam “ate” them. Other was half doz orps from AR, wrap with small bubble wrap and in a single box with newspaper. Fingers crossed for tomorrow’s doz Wyandotte coming from the dreaded GA postal system.

How are the turkeys doing? My first batch is due to hatch on Tuesday.

I loathe the Ks postal system. I have never had any success from them :(

Well there is just no way I'll catch up so I'll just jump in. I'd like to get rid of my chickens, but I've still got French and Buckwheat. I could sell or give the rest away but Frenchy and Buckwheat are old girls 10 and 11 would never endure the change to and outside group. They've always been in a run.
Hawks do come round now and then. One or two got Big Delores and a frizzle hen last year.
Now if anyone here can give Frenchy and Buckwheat a safe home that would be nice. It would make it easier to get rid of the rest of the birds. I do have two of these pens or whatever they're called. One still in the box. They're yours if you take Frenchy and Buckwheat and can give them a safe home. I used one for chicks and it does have a platform bottom I made. Sits on two saw horses. Neither of the girls lays anymore but they did hatch out chicks again last year. They're little frizzles.
2251815-right-1

I may or may not be making a move to Texas. Winters to hard and without my wife it gets hard. If you do or don't remember she passed away last April. I have a daughter in TX and she's offered me to move there. Though I do like my house. I've no intentions in getting hitched again. Though truth be told, I used to say I was never getting married or having kids, but then my wife came along. She never did listen to me anyhow. Told her I had to go first but like I said she never did listen to me. Anyhow Texas is nice, but it's the weather I'm going for. It will be a whole new lifestyle change as they're not country folks per se'. Well folks take care and be good. "Good friends are always together in spirit". Get it?

Attachments

• DSCN0402.JPG
    DSCN0402.JPG
    788.6 KB · Views: 9
Well there is just no way I'll catch up so I'll just jump in. I'd like to get rid of my chickens, but I've still got French and Buckwheat. I could sell or give the rest away but Frenchy and Buckwheat are old girls 10 and 11 would never endure the change to and outside group. They've always been in a run.
Hawks do come round now and then. One or two got Big Delores and a frizzle hen last year.
Now if anyone here can give Frenchy and Buckwheat a safe home that would be nice. It would make it easier to get rid of the rest of the birds. I do have two of these pens or whatever they're called. One still in the box. They're yours if you take Frenchy and Buckwheat and can give them a safe home. I used one for chicks and it does have a platform bottom I made. Sits on two saw horses. Neither of the girls lays anymore but they did hatch out chicks again last year. They're little frizzles.
2251815-right-1

I may or may not be making a move to Texas. Winters to hard and without my wife it gets hard. If you do or don't remember she passed away last April. I have a daughter in TX and she's offered me to move there. Though I do like my house. I've no intentions in getting hitched again. Though truth be told, I used to say I was never getting married or having kids, but then my wife came along. She never did listen to me anyhow. Told her I had to go first but like I said she never did listen to me. Anyhow Texas is nice, but it's the weather I'm going for. It will be a whole new lifestyle change as they're not country folks per se'. Well folks take care and be good. "Good friends are always together in spirit". Get it?

HI Rancher, nice to see you on here, I keep missing pages worth of posts as the notifications are a bit hit and miss..........

Best of luck finding homes for your senior ladies, sorry we don't have room for any more chickens here, hope they find a safe new home, as that will be a big relief for you.

Hope things work out OK with the move if you decide that's the right thing for you.

Back
Top Bottom