NY chicken lover!!!!

They're coming on a year now and all laying, so they're definitely all hens. I have two barred rocks, two california greys, and two australorps.
Sounds like a nice flock . ..
Are looking for a Rooster to Breed ?
So you are in South New york State ..
I am not sure if there is anyone near you
Have you tried Craiglist ?

They're coming on a year now and all laying, so they're definitely all hens. I have two barred rocks, two california greys, and two australorps.
Sounds like a nice flock . ..
Are looking for a Rooster to Breed ?
So you are in South New york State ..
I am not sure if there is anyone near you
Have you tried Craiglist ?

How's everyone coping with this stay at home thing? Anyone got kids being taught on line? Went out today and lay some cardboard down.
Omg! Went in the coop and found eggs! I haven't had chickens for nearly a year. Don't know why the guy who took the chickens didn't take them. I was not in the mood to walk through the coop so they just sat there.
Anyhow back to the garden. The weather was nice today and I laid more cardboard between the beds. I told Dave if he wanted a garden he'd have to do some work. I wasn't doing it. He started seeds this past Sunday while I made breakfast. He comes in on the weekends from Oswego. It will have been two years since my wife died come the 23rd.
There is quite a bit of clean up to do since the yard has been neglected for two years.
One of my black currant bushes got knocked over and part of it took root. I reckon I should just cut it back by about half. Move the part that took root and hope for the best.
Sold most of my canning jars but still have some.
Prune a climbing rose that never did get wrapped. Nor did anything else. Pruned some of the grape vines off. Not sure how that will turn out. One of the tendrils took root too.

Oh I did see Sam from Deryter at the fair last year. Gotta ask. Did we lose any old timers while I was away? Not passing on. Just out of the chicken business. TTFN,

Rancher, still kickin, just not so high.

Screen side chicken coop/aviary for sale. 7.5’w x 13’L x 6.5’h at the peak. This thing is pretty big and will need to be taken apart, which we can help. Sections are very light. We did some modification to make it more predator proof like washable white plastic inside so fox or coyote can see birds inside on the ground. It’s attached to pressure treated on the bottom so bottom frame doesn’t rot. Also attached coated welded wire to the bottom and buried so fox can’t dig under. Last spring we sprayed it twice with a paint sprayer and coated it with a water seal. I have had chickens, ducks, mini pigs and rabbits in this. Would make a great outdoor aviary for pet birds like parakeets and finches. I only have cows and emu now so I have no use for it. Can’t get it til all the snow is gone but that should hopefully be in the next month or sooner. Asking $600 and located in Lake Pleasant, NY. You can call or txt 518-774-9175 if interested.
54D67D82-675D-4395-B557-D91ABA612ED6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom