NY chicken lover!!!!

ISO Great Pyrenees Pup. Lmk if you have pups or a lead. I’ve searched Craigslist adds up to 800 miles away so please don’t suggest I search there. Hoping a NY chicken lover can help me out. Thanks

My goslings are big now! Too bad I am pretty sure they are both boys, but that's what I get for ordering from somewhere that doesn't sex them. :p They still hang with their chicken 'hatchmates' and are getting along with the big chickens as well. Hopefully that continues.

1597501538543.png

Where do you get your feed?
Have you been to McDowell Walkers?
If your in to regular plain ole feed they have 17% layer mash for $10 and change, 50lb bag. Just about buy two get one free compared to TSC. Great for fermenting, IMHO a lot better than pellets or crumbles, even though it looks pretty powdery it's at least half cracked and whole grains, legumes, and wet it's easier to handle/feed than pellets or crumbles fermented or wet. That mash never turns to slop or mush mess even with lots of water in it.

Hi, I'm new to chicken raising and the area of Sidney. Do you know what the laws are on raising chickens in the village? Thanks!

Hi, I'm new to chicken raising and the area of Sidney. Do you know what the laws are on raising chickens in the village? Thanks!
That's a post from two yrs ago! Welcome back!
I'm not sure what their ordinances are, most villages in town living around here do not allow chickens. Which cracks me up 😆 beings NYC one of the biggest cities in the world does allow chickens just not roosters.
I live out of town, nearby town but my kids go to Sidney school were in the district. Well they did go to school until about March I think it was ?...
We can pretty much do whatever we want to here. In town though you'll have to ask.
Best bet is to go to the Civic Center, same place the DMV is, ask around, ask around pretty sure town board members are there and can let you know the laws.

If anyone in New York raises pigeons, we found one today in fairfield county connecticut, which is close to New York. I've posted in the Connecticut thread but figured I'd post here too . It had one red metal band on one leg with these characters. I forget the order:
IF
PIGEON
it also had a bright green plastic band on the other leg. We were unable to trace the band number properly, and were told by our local wildlife center that we should let it do what it likes as it is probably just resting. It had apparently been in our neighbor's yard for a few days before we rescued it. We gave it some water and chicken food, and left it to do what it liked. A few hours later, it flew away on its own. I thought I might mention it on here just in case, even though I don't have it anymore.

IMG-1445 (1).jpg

IMG-1447 (1).jpg

i have a Serama cockerel that needs his own flock, located near Saratoga. He’s a gorgeous boy but we need to downsize a bit. Also have 4 Serama babies that I’m almost positive are girls.
04721AD2-F689-47FD-9177-35ADD15666A9.jpeg

That's a post from two yrs ago! Welcome back!
I'm not sure what their ordinances are, most villages in town living around here do not allow chickens. Which cracks me up 😆 beings NYC one of the biggest cities in the world does allow chickens just not roosters.
I live out of town, nearby town but my kids go to Sidney school were in the district. Well they did go to school until about March I think it was ?...
We can pretty much do whatever we want to here. In town though you'll have to ask.
Best bet is to go to the Civic Center, same place the DMV is, ask around, ask around pretty sure town board members are there and can let you know the laws.
Lol I'm late to the game what can I say and I'm glad you are still active on this forum. Yeah the whole NYC regulations vs upstate NY baffles me. Figured I'd ask a local before getting stressed out talking to government workers. Thank you for the quick reply.

Back
Top Bottom