NY chicken lover!!!!

Hello fellow New Yorkers! I live toward Upstate NY (Syr/Utica area). My husband, 2 (soon to be 3) little boys, and I just moved to an agricultural area and have just started caring for chickens ❤️ I was directed to this state forum because I’m looking for 2 laying hens or nearly laying pullets to add to our flock. Would love Barred Rock, Black Copper Marans, Bielefelder, or Rhode Island Red/Red Star - but would consider other breeds as well! As long as they are good layers, cold hardy, and a more docile breed.

Hello fellow New Yorkers! I live toward Upstate NY (Syr/Utica area). My husband, 2 (soon to be 3) little boys, and I just moved to an agricultural area and have just started caring for chickens ❤ I was directed to this state forum because I’m looking for 2 laying hens or nearly laying pullets to add to our flock. Would love Barred Rock, Black Copper Marans, Bielefelder, or Rhode Island Red/Red Star - but would consider other breeds as well! As long as they are good layers, cold hardy, and a more docile breed.
Welcome! I’m in Western NY, I don’t have any of the breeds you mentioned, but I have a clutch of Light Brahmas that just hatched this last weekend. Feel free to reach out if you’d like more info.

Welcome! I’m in Western NY, I don’t have any of the breeds you mentioned, but I have a clutch of Light Brahmas that just hatched this last weekend. Feel free to reach out if you’d like more info.

Hello! I have friends out in Western Ny, in Newfane and my husband loves to visit the Buffalo outlets, so we’re actually in that area quite a bit :) Thank you for your reply. Right now I was hoping to get slightly older pullets, but I do appreciate the info a lot! How long have you been a chicken owner?

Hello! I have friends out in Western Ny, in Newfane and my husband loves to visit the Buffalo outlets, so we’re actually in that area quite a bit :) Thank you for your reply. Right now I was hoping to get slightly older pullets, but I do appreciate the info a lot! How long have you been a chicken owner?
I’m an hour South of Buffalo in the Jamestown area. This is our third year enjoying chickens. I have birds we hatched out at 10-12 weeks also.
Cheers

5 month old porcelain booted bantam rooster in Clarkson (west of Rochester.) I am willing to drive him a few hours to a good, safe home.
IMG_1306.JPG

So, does anyone want this handsome boy? He hasn’t started crowing yet and he’s 20 weeks old,
The other rooster we had to get rid of started crowing much earlier, which is why I thought this was a hen. We are not allowed to have roosters here in Northern Westchester, NY.
142BC277-8FED-4D8A-8B07-13408B03440C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom