NY chicken lover!!!!

I will. You are very generous. I am undecided about keeping her, sort of because if the people are good it would be best to get her with her old flock. So I'm trying not to get too invested in thinking I'll keep her! She is sweet, though! We'll see what happens.
We got 29" where we measured it and probably more, my DH finished the driveway just this afternoon. I haven't heard at all from the people who took part of her flock. I've been advised here on BYC to even ask them for one of the taken hens to give back and go with this hen, if they won't take this one additional, because it is easier to integrate hens in twos or threes, so that they have buddies to hang with in the new flock. It's beginning to feel like they have no interest in even one more hen. Or they are flakes about calling, which is not a good sign.
I hate when people flake out. I felt so bad that I couldn’t take them all when you had the chance but Mother Nature really threw A curve ball and I didn’t want to Bring them here with no shelter at all.

I hate when people flake out. I felt so bad that I couldn’t take them all when you had the chance but Mother Nature really threw A curve ball and I didn’t want to Bring them here with no shelter at all.
No don't feel bad - you are mistaken in that I didn't have them all at any time to bring to you in the first place, to be in your basement for awhile even. I am new to wrangling chickens and had a few in the dog crate, but didn't think of taking a few hens out and putting them in the chicken transport crate, then luring more into the dog crate with the rooster. I probably could have gotten many of them that first day. I wasn't determined enough, I felt wary about how to do it. I might have been able to keep them for a little bit in my tall 48x30 brooder and the dog crate too. I feel bad about it all! But I have to accept this is the way things go sometimes.

At least the chickens are all probably with people who want to try to take care of them, even being separated, which is better than where they were, because once winter set in their little paradise was going to go away and they would be starving to death and be eliminated by predation too.

Hi Everyone!
I live in Northern NY, about and hour north of Watertown and 2 hours south of Ottawa CA about a half hour from the Canadian border. This past spring I got 6 american pekin ducklings from my local tractor supply and have since become obsessed with my ducks. I'm hoping to eventually breed and sell them for eggs and meat. On this forum to learn to keep my flock happy healthy and producing.

Hi Everyone!
I live in Northern NY, about and hour north of Watertown and 2 hours south of Ottawa CA about a half hour from the Canadian border. This past spring I got 6 american pekin ducklings from my local tractor supply and have since become obsessed with my ducks. I'm hoping to eventually breed and sell them for eggs and meat. On this forum to learn to keep my flock happy healthy and producing.
Welcome to our flock! You must be way north - Alex bay?? :)

Hey there, I’m looking to add some cochins and silkies to my flock if anyone has any available.

Are you still looking? I have a four month silkie rooster I need to find a new home for, because my area is unfortunately not zoned for raising roosters. Let me know if you're interested!

Attachments

• IMG_3961.JPG
    IMG_3961.JPG
    892.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3960.JPG
    IMG_3960.JPG
    661.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3957.jpg
    IMG_3957.jpg
    601.1 KB · Views: 2
Hi! Moved my flock of 6 from Brooklyn to a little south of Albany- would love to buy some hatching eggs from a BYC person nearby! :jumpy Have a much bigger coop and we are hooked :oops:

Hi! I’m relocating to outside of Albany from the PNW as soon as it’s safer to do so. Had a small in town flock of 20 mixed colors, gorgeous hens collected over 5 years from several different farms in the PNW. Sad to let them go but they’ll go to a great farm and once I’m settled I’ll be looking to start a smaller flock. Who are the breeders closest to Albany, who work with FBCM, olive and sapphire eggers, welsummer, and CCL? I had bresse and I loved them, so I’ll probably have a few of those in the flock as well.
F8C31FDA-2FB0-4C43-B091-987F1E415859.jpeg
E6EF51F0-273E-4655-95F7-B7D511106E46.jpeg
132A9394-A99B-4DCD-9563-0A31E4DDAEDC.jpeg

Hey there, I ended up finding a silkie rooster. Actually 13 to be exact😂 if anyone needs silkie roosters please let me know. Breeder quality bearded, mostly black with silver leakage but very pretty.
Are you still looking? I have a four month silkie rooster I need to find a new home for, because my area is unfortunately not zoned for raising roosters. Let me know if you're interested!

Back
Top Bottom