NY chicken lover!!!!

My poor NN rooster met his end sadly and I am without a roo at all here in Saratoga! Very sad, my ladies will miss him.. Come spring, I'll be looking for an adult rooster that's good to his ladies and doesn't spur humans. :p Bigger roo (no silkies or bantams- my geese might pick on the lil guy) and small comb preferred. So keep me in mind if you are looking to rehome. Would do it now, but am limited on quarantine space when it's cold outside..

My poor NN rooster met his end sadly and I am without a roo at all here in Saratoga! Very sad, my ladies will miss him.. Come spring, I'll be looking for an adult rooster that's good to his ladies and doesn't spur humans. :p Bigger roo (no silkies or bantams- my geese might pick on the lil guy) and small comb preferred. So keep me in mind if you are looking to rehome. Would do it now, but am limited on quarantine space when it's cold outside..

Sorry about your NN boy :(

Want a brahma? I'm gonna have some. He'll be used to geese, too, haha. And emus. I'm about to start hatching for the year.

I"m looking for chicken breeders near me, close to PA-NY border (eastern part). Anyone know of someone? or a listing of breeders in the area? state? Thank you!
Interested in Olive Eggers, BCMaran, Legbar, Welsummer ... chicks or pullets.
Thank you!

Hi guys. I'm Peggy and I live about 20 miles south of Ithaca, NY. Right now I'm down sizing my girls for the winter, but usually have about 25 to 35 chickens. Fell in love with Blue Cochins, they seem to handle our weather very well. I have a variety of different chickens, BR, Cochins, Royalle Faverole,EE, NHR, white Giant, Wyandotte, Shaver Red, Buff Orp., Austrolorp,Speckled sussex, that's it for now but am always adding more!!!!!
roll.png
Do you still have chickens? Do you sell chicks or pullets? Looking for OE, Legbar, Black Copper Maran....

Hello fellow New Yorkers! Are there any breeders here that live near Ithaca or Binghamton? Specifically people with bantams and maybe some Orpintons. I love other breeds too, but I'm currently looking for these. I'm not super picky about bantam breed, just has to be cold hardy.

Hey all, have you seen this new proposed bill?

It would ban all shipment of chickens and chicks, as well as all other birds, reptiles, and amphibians within NY state through any mail carrier service.

It's really important that if you can, you take the time to write to your representative and express that you don't agree with the bill and don't want it passed. If NY does it, other states might follow through. There's a template email right in that link that you can use to send and edit it as you want.

I battled a hawk ...it came in the coop...after my chickens ...I caught it by the tail ..it clawed my some in exchange ..i held it for about 5 min ..till it was able to claw me again ...and then...i let it fly AWAY

Attachments

• PXL_20210209_191442107.jpg
    PXL_20210209_191442107.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20210209_191453483.jpg
    PXL_20210209_191453483.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 6
Hey all, have you seen this new proposed bill?

It would ban all shipment of chickens and chicks, as well as all other birds, reptiles, and amphibians within NY state through any mail carrier service.

It's really important that if you can, you take the time to write to your representative and express that you don't agree with the bill and don't want it passed. If NY does it, other states might follow through. There's a template email right in that link that you can use to send and edit it as you want.
hi already signed it ..thanks for posting

Back
Top Bottom