NY chicken lover!!!!

Pretty birds - blue eggs are fun! I have totally lost my mind! I am going to pick up some Mandarin ducks tomorrow. Fall is the time to get the birds you want because people want to thin their flocks before winter. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow-tried for the Peas today but they are too quick and the pics were blurry.

any one going to the cobelskill show? i didnt get a catalog yet....
thinking on going to the one in waddingtion thats the week before cobelskill.
was thinking on going to syracuse in october....

my girls felt the shake... grr not one egg from them today

Quote:
oh no I didn't see one Cayuga Duck!...and soon to be more.....
lol.png

karen what you think?

P1070609.jpg

P1070610.jpg

oh and i hatched this lone maran and its actually about 3 weeks older than these barnies and marans... and they think that its there momma and run underneath her and everything...
difficult to get a picture of
P1070599.jpg

P1070601.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
She has grown...looks nice..and I like how the others go to the "Mom"..
We will go to the Syracuse show with some birds unless everyone looks nasty... and I think we will just go to see the one in the Catskills...

Available for sale (Located near Rochester NY) Please email me @ [email protected], the system never sends me notices of PMs.

Flock of Calls: 2 males, 3 females, 2 ducklings. All whites except one black and white. Decent brood quality stock (Well, the black is kinda big, lol)

Herd (flock?) 8 Indian Runners from Holderreads Waterfowl, Fawn and white, Penciled, Black, Khaki and Buff (maybe?) I think there are two males and the rest are females, I've probably stunted them but the genetics are good.
tongue.png
Nicely typed ducks, should make nice SQ typed ducks next year

Herd (flock) of Cayuga and Buff ducks. 2 male Cayugas (one is crested) 3 Buff females, 2 Cayuga females, 3 young Cayuga females, 5 Cayuga/Buff cross ducklings, 1 Holderreads Cayuga (male? Its stunted. Sigh) 1 White Silver Appleyard female. Excellent broodies, layers and foragers.

Flock of SQ Ameracaunas. 2 Black Roosters (one carries the gene for Lavender) 3 Blue hens, 4 or 5 Black hens, 1 Lavender pullet, 30-40 assorted chicks and Juv. birds. You must take ALL of them.

I should note, I'm almost 7 months pregnant, so its YOU catch, You box.
tongue.png
Make an offer on any and all. You must take the WHOLE group, not just the girls. Must be gone by Sept 17th.

Quote:
We will go to the Syracuse show with some birds unless everyone looks nasty... and I think we will just go to see the one in the Catskills...

Karen, I didn't know you entered birds in the fair...which ones? I'm going tomorrow.

***Free little flock***
Help... I live on Long Island way out on the North Fork and I am moving to Australia. I am desperately looking for someone to adopt my small 5 hen flock of random mixed adorable about to lay. I just cant seem to find anyone. I was hoping for someone who will just have these girls and who will love them like we do and that they would not have to be integrated in to a larger flock. They are our pets really.
We have a Buff Cochin, Black Sexlink, Leghorn, Araucana, Bantam Speckled Cochin (teensy and super cute).
If anyone has a friend who wants to become a chicken owner please tell them about our girls. We don't even want any money unless they want to coop too which I would be happy to make a screaming deal on if I know they will go to a good home.
Thanks for reading
bow.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

Karen, I didn't know you entered birds in the fair...which ones? I'm going tomorrow.

nope...you are right...it was late..hmmm early..I mean I will ...maybe take birds to the Fall Yankee Classic...I think we are going tomorrow also..sorry so the confusion..

Back
Top Bottom