NY chicken lover!!!!

My BIL has been pulling ticks off his two cats for a month. I had on crawling up my pants after the one cat came over to visit me after coming in from the yard. They hunt the woods out back and collars seem to be no good. I always check myself over well after hunting and have not had an issue yet, but did pull one off one of our dogs last night.

Guess we all need guina hen chicks!
jumpy.gif

Wonder how GH math works?
lol.png

Maybe the neighbors will tolerate the noise to get rid of the ticks. Research time
old.gif
!

Ok, so maybe some of you with less neighbors and more ticks.
big_smile.png

Since late summer, I have to check the cats daily because they spend a lot of time in the woods. In the 5 years that I have lived in this location, I haven't seen ticks like this. I can expect to find & remove at least 4 each week from my cats. Forget the medicated collars! Even Advantage & Frontline don't seem to be able to keep them off. I just keep pulling and watching for infection.

I went and shut in the chickens. My delaware hen and her female chick were missing, her male chick was in the coop with the other birds. The last time they were seen was yesterday. I hope they are just hiding somewhere.
fl.gif

Tab's chicken obsession :

I went and shut in the chickens. My delaware hen and her female chick were missing, her male chick was in the coop with the other birds. The last time they were seen was yesterday. I hope they are just hiding somewhere.
fl.gif

Awww, hate the missing animals! Keeping my fingers crossed that they show up.
fl.gif

Tab's chicken obsession :

X2
Quote:
Eeeeewwwww!

I picked one off my own elbow. That was tricky. Required a mirror. And it was DOUBLE EWWWW....it's little legs were moving all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom