NY chicken lover!!!!

There was a chicken out of the electric already today, sigh. Stupid Ameraucanas...
That is one reason I got rid of my Ameraucanas. Of all the breeds I had, they were the ones that would get out into another run. Very frustrating, especially when its a roo and you find him in the wrong pen with hens in the morning...would have to isolate those hens for a couple of weeks to make sure their eggs weren't fertilized by him!!!

Hi everyone!! I'm located just outside of Olean NY, close to the PA line. I started in June with one chick that my son brought home from school. His class hatched eggs. We now have a coop and 13 chickens :) I'm loving the new life with chickens!!

There was a chicken out of the electric already today, sigh. Stupid Ameraucanas...
sounds smart to me
big_smile.png

Hi everyone!! I'm located just outside of Olean NY, close to the PA line. I started in June with one chick that my son brought home from school. His class hatched eggs. We now have a coop and 13 chickens :) I'm loving the new life with chickens!!

Welcome, Simmsy! Kind of sounds like me. Except hubby was the "classroom" and we now have 40 chickens and 2 goats!
lau.gif

All this since spring.
Glad to have ya!

I just went to heat pizza for lunch in the oven. POOF! Big flame, black smoke, and retched stink! Dang mice! I just used the oven a couple days ago with no issue. Signs of fluffy out the back of the stove. This one more thing to clean up this week.
hmm.png

Oh, Tab, that's just wrong in so many ways. I don't think I'd be able to use the oven again!
sickbyc.gif
Poor you!

I've been very lucky with chickens staying in. I only have a 3' high chicken wire fence around most of the run with a section of 5' tall near the coop. The few times that I have found a chicken out was a rooster was chasing them. Now that the problem roos have been isolated, everyone has calmed down. I worry when I need to move the coop up to the horse barn, since the Amish have had some chickens taken by coons about 30' from my barn. Already trying to think of ways to predator proof.

That is one reason I got rid of my Ameraucanas. Of all the breeds I had, they were the ones that would get out into another run. Very frustrating, especially when its a roo and you find him in the wrong pen with hens in the morning...would have to isolate those hens for a couple of weeks to make sure their eggs weren't fertilized by him!!!

I had to roof my breeding pen run, lol Darn things can still manage to find a spot to escape! At least the silkies stay where I put them!

Back
Top Bottom